What 1990 Looked Like in 1965

mr3urious

Reaction score
You think that's crazy? In 1985, Ebony Magazine thought Michael Jackson would look like this at 40 years old! :big_grin:

And here's a 1930s newsreel showing what fashions would look like in the year 2000. Pretty much the only thing that was accurate was that women would wear pants.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
They were close with the Madonna-like metal bra.

scooterfan360

Reaction score
You think that's crazy? In 1985, Ebony Magazine thought Michael Jackson would look like this at 40 years old! :big_grin:

And here's a 1930s newsreel showing what fashions would look like in the year 2000. Pretty much the only thing that was accurate was that women would wear pants.

I wished that Michael Jackson, really did look like that in 2000.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Obviously, no one predicted his skin discoloration (can't spell the word for it, it won't even give me a logical spelling suggestion). Anything else, I'm not touching.

When it comes to the future, it's not so much what they thought was coming so much as what they didn't see coming. No one would have thought that we'd carry around small personal computers we refer to as "phones." You know, because they do that one thing no one uses them for anyway? Certainly no one could have seen digital media slaughtering physical media (and certain business models unfortunately prove that). Then again, they also thought robotics would be a heck of a lot more advanced than they are now, so... there's that.