Were 3 hours cut from Labyrinth?

Squigiman

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I forget where I read this, but it was about the making of the new film, Mirrormask. They were talking about all of the Labyrinth-based inspiration, and how it came about because they were approached to do a sequel (which could definitely rock if they got the important people back, besides Jim, of course). It mentioned that there was a 3 hour cut of the film, though certain characters were voiced by puppeteers rather than actors. I, myself would totally want to see any of this cut footage, even in a rough form, and am sad that it wasn't included on either recent DVD release of the film. Maybe we can petition to make another version, including such stuff??? I know it's a pain with a ll the constant re-releasing extra special edition DVDs, but I'd totally buy this, even while owning the first DVD. What do you guys think, is it a feasible idea??? Thanks a lot. Take care.

-Squigiman

alorindanya

Reaction score
Release Me

Has there been any more developement on this??? If anyone has heard of it, there is a HUGE Labyrinth fanbase at www.marysia.com/labyrinth and WE WANT THIS RELEASED!!!!

And this should especially be of interest to the Henson Co: This past weekend in Virginia 1500 people gathered at a showing of the Labyrinth in a theater (dont know where, since I live in Missouri). But it turned out that they did a Rocky Horror Picture Show twist, as during key lines the audience would shout out different things....man I wish I had been there!!!

leliebel

Reaction score
bleeeblibbleepbliblee

That's worth buying a dvd-player for

*announces once again that the labyrinth changed her life*

*skips of happily into the sunset...

well, into the rain, but that's besides the point*