Weird place to find Muppet Stuff

Hubert

Reaction score
Five yard sales, almost nothing Muppety. All I found was a few Sesame toys that I had no interest in. :sigh:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Five yard sales, almost nothing Muppety. All I found was a few Sesame toys that I had no interest in. :sigh:
Probably cause now were going to yard sales and expecting to find things. We need to think the opposite way so we'll see things when we least expect it. Lol!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Sometimes surprise finds really are the best. I don't know if this is a wierd place to find Muppets but it was to me. I went with my husband to a used bookstore in our area yesterday. He likes to go there and trade books... anyways so I'm standing near the front of the store waiting for him to finish looking and I look over on one of the shelves and guess what was staring at me in the face?!!

I never would've thought of finding anything Muppets in a used bookstore!!! Needless to say it was all I could do to not start screaming and possibly get kicked out of the store. Lol! Talk about it was meant to be!!! I definitely believe in when your not expecting to find things is when you will find them! To me this was a treasure find because I had been wanting this book for awhile!!! :smile:

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
It's not an extremely weird place, but since it's sorta along the line of yard sales and stuff (yet not), I got this little guy at a local collectible store for 5 bucks:

It's from 1979, made by Corgi International. This is a better picture/and info on it. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it. I love getting Muppet merch from the 70s, so this has already come in there as one of my favorite pieces.
I remember once owning a toy that looked exactly like this! Only it was much newer. I think it might have been one of my birthdays or Christmas when I got a bunch of Palisades Muppet Show figures, a few Muppet Christmas Carol figurines, a number of Sababa Muppet dolls (a box set of the main cast and a Vets Hospital set) and that one Muppet Show CD... I know I'm going off topic here but I also have a couple other Sababa Muppet things, a Red Fraggle doll (missing the shirt) which I got from MuppetVision 3D's gift shop at WDW, and an old Kermit puppet, dated 2003, which unfortunately got a bit chewed up by my dogs. He's still useable though.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
That's awesome you found that in a used bookstore. I've looked in a few places like that for Muppets stuff, and haven't found too much yet, but they are still fun places to look. My town's library has a big used book sale on the green in the middle of September, and I'm hoping to score some cool stuff then.

Hubert

Reaction score
I was really disappointed that my church's annual flea market didn't have much of anything in the way of Muppet stuff this year. Usually I was able to at least pick up a Fraggle Rock storybook or something...

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
That's awesome you found that in a used bookstore. I've looked in a few places like that for Muppets stuff, and haven't found too much yet, but they are still fun places to look. My town's library has a big used book sale on the green in the middle of September, and I'm hoping to score some cool stuff then.
I was really blown away I mean I wasnt even there looking for anything haha it was a big surprise but a welcomed one! It was like Kermit was saying "I'm here take me home." Lol!

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
I know someone who got a set of Palisades Muppets just for $50 at his friend's yard sale! All MIB, too. The list of figures in the set is:
Kermit
Bunsen
Beaker and MuppetLabs
Miss Piggy
Fozzie
Purple Tux Gonzo
Zoot
Zoot Variant
Statler
Waldorf
Jonny Fiama
Beauregard