Weezer and the muppets...

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Ok, I know this is going to sound stupid (I don't listen to music much), but who the heck is Weezer?<<<

This spoovy-worthy geeky indie rock band, kind of in that nerdy college rock vein. very cool! And that pic of the Muppets together with them is too cool!

Luke

Reaction score
Cool stuff - it seems puppets and nostalgia characters making appearances on TV are the 'in' thing right now. First ya got ALF in 10-10-220 commercials, then ya got that Blink 182 video where theres Oompa Loompas and Mr Miyagi. Sounds like fun !

The Happy Days video rocked !

scott

Reaction score
OMG!

*drools* *faints* *wakes up*

This is one of the greatest days of my life! My abosolute favorite band and my absolute favorite tv stars together in a video! Wow! You guys should really pick up Weezer's new CD Maladroit. And by the way, keep fishin', the song in the video, is a really great kind of ska-ish tune. You should really download it!

radionate

Reaction score
You're excited? I'm sooooo excited! Finally my job and my hobby have combined into something I can actually talk about on the air!

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: GUYS!

Originally posted by scarecroe
Sounds like someone needs to live up to their name.
"I won't be just a nuthin', my head all full of stuffin'..."

You're certainly living up to yours. :wink:

"Dead puppeteer" is actually in honor of Jim Henson. Sort of. :wink:

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Cool stuff - it seems puppets and nostalgia characters making appearances on TV are the 'in' thing right now. First ya got ALF in 10-10-220 commercials, then ya got that Blink 182 video where theres Oompa Loompas and Mr Miyagi. Sounds like fun !

The Happy Days video rocked !
In reality the "Alf" ads are just about as successful as the Pepe ones for "Long John Silver" - and market research suggests that the prawn was actually repulsive to some viewers. As for the "Dennys" ads, you can expect more of the same. Some things can't come back. The Muppets are a novelty act that couldn't stand the test of time. The last Muppet movie - built around Gonzo of all characters (talk about repulsive) - flopped miserably, remember? CGI is what kids and adults like when it comes to 3-D characters. Who wants to watch talking socks anymore?

beaker

Reaction score
>>>CGI is what kids and adults like when it comes to 3-D characters. Who wants to watch talking socks anymore?<<<

Oh, I get it, this is spose to be a parody of a disaffected lurker?

I think I can hit the J.O.S.H. alarm:wink:

And oh yessss, cgi is used sooo effectively. Like Scooby Doo and Free Willy 2!

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by UncleDeadly
There is actually a lot of stuff on it at www.weezer.com (which I assume is there main site). Lots of photos and a quote from Piggy and Kermit.

And yes, people still livejournal.
What stuff on weezer.com (which is the offical site). All I saw were three pictures, and the quotes from Piggy and Kermit. What I want to know is what the story of the video is, who came up with the idea, etc etc etc. I'm really excited about this. Weezer has done some really cute videos in the past, and had some really great songs too.

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
>>>CGI is what kids and adults like when it comes to 3-D characters. Who wants to watch talking socks anymore?<<<
Henson would LOVE to make the kind of money even substandard CGI can help a movie rake in. :wink: And speaking of "Scooby Doo" - that's a pretty old property, but it did just fine as a movie. Part of the reason is that, unlike "The Muppet Show", which virtually nobody will watch anymore, the Scooby cartoon is constantly run on Cartoon Network and elsewhere, so today's kids are up on it, even though it's something their parents once watched. The fact that "Scooby Doo", as lame as it was, is today still popular and is also waaaayy more popular than Kermit the Oven Mitt is a real kick in the butt for the doll-wigglers up at HA! :wink:

scarecroe

Reaction score
Thank you for visiting, your IP has been logged :big_grin: