Weekly Box Office and Film Discussion Thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
So Spidey managed to get almost 400 million worldwide.

And I didn't get to see it yet... :grouchy:

Have to wait a week. Oh well, at least it's a Sony owned continuity and they won't sneak it into SHIELD this week like the last 2 Marvel movies. On the plus side, those 2 films' storylines really perked the show back up.

Other than that, I don't know about Godzilla or X-men, but I really can't wait for Seth MacFarline's western film. Too bad it opens up opposite Maleficent, which will no doubt get a bigger audience. Then again, when have we had a successful Western movie in the last few years? Like Rango... maybe the True Grit remake?

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
So Spidey managed to get almost 400 million worldwide.

And I didn't get to see it yet... :grouchy:

Have to wait a week. Oh well, at least it's a Sony owned continuity and they won't sneak it into SHIELD this week like the last 2 Marvel movies. On the plus side, those 2 films' storylines really perked the show back up.

Don't even bother with Spidey. It's the most awful superhero film since Iron Man 2 (and I passionately HATE Iron Man 2). I completely despise of Spidey 2. The story sucks, acting is terrible and it's just boring most of the time. It's the most pathetic superhero movie I've ever seen, and I'm sure you'll feel the same way.

I wouldn't mind if it was just a silly comic book movie, but this is even dumber. The story is just SO stupid and pathetic, with your typical comic book type villains who need to kill the hero even though they have no actual reason to.

Save your money for X-Men: Days of Future Past in two weeks. That seems a LOT more promising.

Drtooth

Reaction score
We're talking about Spider-man, right? Stupid and pathetic storylines are the character's forte. Clone saga, One More Day... the third film. Even the Japanese series where he turns into Kamen Rider with a robot... And the less said about that 1960's series the better.

And frankly, I've never much cared for the X-men films. Maybe the first one and definitely the last Wolverine film. But I just couldn't get into them. Maybe because I saw 1 and 2 on television with commercial breaks instead of at a proper theater.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
But this one is just so, so bad. Ridiculous doesn't even describe it. When you see the film, you'll understand the horror.

mr3urious

Reaction score
So there's this Legends of Oz movie coming out that's recently been released that's partially based on one of the later Oz books, and I'm not impressed. Looks like another run-of-the-mill independent 10th party CGI mess with a faux PG rating, though it does have an impressive cast such as Patrick Stewart and even Bernadette Peters. I just don't see it doing too hot at the box office.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I love how Galvatron is referred to as a "new" character, lol. It's 1986 all over again!

Drtooth

Reaction score
New character for the movie, but it seems that they're going the comic book route of making Galvatron a separate character from Megatron.

However, Lockdown and Drift are pretty recent characters. Lockdown premiering in Transformers Animated (and apparently being retroactively added to G1 comic continuity) and Drift was made for the comic book about the time of the last movie. Strangely, they both had toy tie ins for the last film when they weren't actually in it.

I'm trying (very hard) not to get excited about this film, but I actually can't help it. I'm actually impressed with the choice of Transformers in this one. They're really going for interesting choices rather than fan favorites and tried and true iconic characters.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Anyone catch the trailer for "Generic Family Comedy" Alexander and the Terrible...etc. Bad Day?

Awful... just awful.