Web Premiere Toons Archive

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I found this page of sheer awesomeness.

Anyone remember those old Web Premiere Toons Cartoon Network used to have on their site back in the late 90s and early 2000s? Well, here's a site that has archived a bunch of them!

http://www.skyetheguy.com/WPT/index3.html

I can actually remember when CN's site only had like 2-3 of them in the beginning; as I recall, B. HAPPY was my favorite of them.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Wow, great find! I've been trying find some of those shorts for a long time, but could never find them, not even on the Web Archive. Thanks a lot, D'Snowth!

I think I remember the "Wendell and Wuggums" series the most, and it was pretty funny. Out of the four shorts, I particularly liked "Game Over" with its video game-themed plot, where Wendell gets sucked into his computer game and makes Wuggums play the game he's in. Thankfully that one's available for viewing (and all the others too, except for Tiki Trouble, unfortunately).

The 5-part Banana Splits episodes were great too, and I liked how they were more interactive than the other shorts. Every part except the first had a mini-game where you play as the featured Split (parts 2-4 were in first person perspective): Bingo in #2, Drooper in #3, Snorky in #4, and Fleegle in the last episode. I probably liked Fleegle's episode the best, in which he winds up in a hallway of doors and tries to find the other splits. One door literally has Fred Flintstone taking a shower. Fun stuff.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As far as the Banana Splits go, I kind of wish they didn't bring back the original, creepy-looking shaggy Snorky - I was always more partial to his clean-shaven look.