We Need Another Movie

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I'm sorry, after two movies about the Muppets "playing themselves" and running around trying to continue their Muppet Show act, I'm REALLY ready for something different. Each of Henson's movies did something different with the characters. The two Disney films trap the Muppets in a world where they haven't been around for decades, are a joke of a performing troupe that can't really taken seriously, and are stuck with this mellow little guy who is only there because the first film made it so he HAS to be there.

Long story short, I want to see a change of pace.
Actually I agree. I was only joking with my comment, but you bring up a good point, they need to do something new. Their almost seems to be too much of an obsession with putting on muppet show sketches. Though I like Walter and am sure they can find a place for him. I like him in the sort of naive intern role.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
The thing is,is it's really hard to try and think of a plot that hasn't already been done. I would also like to see a Pigs in Space or even like I said a Halloween special. Kermit even expressed an interest in doing a Halloween type show in an interview. There's so many things they could bring back if Disney would just take the chance. And I would also like to see the electric mayhem focused on more. But like galagr said in reality I don't think they'd do well without Kermit in them.

I am still holding out Disney sees the Muppets can still make it and let them back on tv again.

Last edited:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I hate to be a downer, but I have to again with DrTooth, a new Muppet TV series was NEVER in the cards, even if MMW did really well in the box office. I think it's more likely we'll get the third film before a new TV series.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Oh, I certainly think a TV show of some sort has been on the minds of Disney. That's what Disney Drive On is all about. They're testing the waters. Whether that will happen now and/or if it ever does whether it would be streaming or network is certainly anybody's guess.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I think they need to do more of the viral videos or "Muppisodes". And theatrical shorts. Those would be great.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Now that Link is back I'm holding out for a Bear on Patrol web series or buddy cop film.
Yes please! I would love to see more of Bear on Patrol, there were only eight sketches that had the "Bear on Patrol" format. I think they did something with Bear on Patrol in Kitchen with Cat Cora.