We Have a Picture of Walter AND MORE NEWS!

dmoss

Reaction score
Looks like they're going with the "chunkier" Piggy (is that the right word?), and it looks like they've rounded out Fozzie's face a bit, and in this picture, he looks just like a Nanco plush I have of him, which could be a good or bad thing...

So exciting, either way!

Mupp

Reaction score
Well, lets be honest here,

Poser puppets were used for that picture, which do not always portray the characters in the most flattering light.

The puppets used for the filming will not necessarily look exactly like the posers in that picture.

Still, very nice photo! :smile:

The Muppaphone

Reaction score
Looks great!

Although, I do have my doubts about this Walter fellow. Could be an interesting character. We shall see.

Overall though, there is something about this pic that captures the tone of the original show and movies that haven't seen in a while. Bravo.

2011...MERRY CHRISTMAS TO US!

beaker

Reaction score
Great find!
Anyone else notice no Pepe?

Which worries me, as I have not heard of any mention of him in the original script. I cant imagine a Muppet film without him being one of the main characters

Out of curiosity do you feel the same way about the cartoon characters in Who Framed Roger Rabbit calling themselves "toons"?

In the article it says that Walter is like one of the Muppets and wants to join them because he doesn't know anyone else like him (I wonder how his family looks). Given that I wonder if the Muppet Wiki article on him should categorize him under "Muppet Characters".

Of course if Walter is going to have a celebrity voice I guess he won't be used afterwards (unless maybe as a recycled puppet).
Oh I consider Roger Rabbit nothing short of visionary, and even having recently seen it I am absolutely blown away by it...and am sad the 1998 sequel got shut down. Toons being toons works within that canon, though truth be told given the way legal stuff goes I can't imagine a film like that being made now.

If he ever got recycled, it'd probably be on Stuffed and Unstrung(where all former Muppet stars go! ...I kid)

Greg the Bunny was a completely different concept, a sitcom on Fox, not associated with the Muppets whatsoever.

On Greg the Bunny, "puppets" were considered a real species. Living, breathing individuals not controlled by anyone.

I think that its safe to say that in this upcoming movie, the Muppets are real beings.

That is, Kermit is a real frog, Fozzie is a real bear, and so on, same as they have always been.

Despite the little in-joke of "don't look down" and such, in general the Muppets have always been considered real living, breathing, individuals. They are not puppets, they are real, and have occasionally been recognized as celebrities. Like in "VMMCM"

And I'm sure that they will no doubt continue that.
Oh I know, I was just referring to how Walter is a human but also a Muppet. I know Henson Alternative has played around with the idea of puppets as standins for humans without making a distinction(like the Del Castle character)

Hey Ive seen Muppets in person performed by their signature performer and the illusion works wonders. The "dont look down" bit is primarily only used in "secrets of the Muppets" type specials. I consider Muppets to be its own species, though it'd take some interesting fan fiction to figure out how that is.

But ultimately I view the Muppets as all actors, so that nothing is really canon.

beaker

Reaction score
there is something about this pic that captures the tone of the original show and movies that haven't seen in a while. Bravo.

Oh definitely, in fact it looks right out of Muppet Magazine from the 80's. Total classic and a clear homage to the 'good ol days'

My ONLY complaint thus far is the date. Though I also realize they are thinking that a summer date might not fare as well, as traditionally that is a very risky time for certain films and their appeal.

Nick22

Reaction score
i am beyond excited about this movie. i'm still in shock that it's ACTUALLY happening for real :smile: :excited:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Well, lets be honest here,

Poser puppets were used for that picture, which do not always portray the characters in the most flattering light.

The puppets used for the filming will not necessarily look exactly like the posers in that picture.

Still, very nice photo! :smile:
A newly sculpted Miss Piggy will make her "debut" in this Movie.Hard to tell if this is the new puppet or poser.Guess we need to see her front on.