Way Too Cool Comic News!

dwmckim

Reaction score
Boom! Comics' Farscape line doesn't get much coverage here or on other Muppet/Henson fan sites compared with the Muppet comics which is such a shame given how absolutely wonderful they are (though i can also understand the lack of discussion here since they are canon continuations of the Farscape story and people - myself definately included - may be a bit shy of posting what would be very spoiler heavy discussions of the whole Farscape story/saga). So it wasn't until i picked up this week's copy of Farscape: D'Argo's Quest and saw the ad on the back cover that i first heard the awesome news about Boom's next continuing comic series...

Farscape: Scorpius!

Along with the ongoing Farscape comics (and their numerous "backstory" miniseries which so far have focused on D'Argo), Boom! is debuting an ongoing Farscape book next month with one of Farscape's most notorious villains as the main character.

This is so incredibly awesome! Scorpius is one of Farscape's most complex and intriguing characters. However, since his appearance in Farscape Comic's first four issue arc, there hasn't been a place for him in the current stories being told (and "Harvey"'s been gone since Farscape: Peacekeeper Wars). This is a great chance to not only see what Scorpius is doing now but also a way to delve more into his fascinating character and showing the Farscape universe from a totally different perspective ... with what's largely been an antagonist recast as a protaganist!) Like the main comic line, Farscape: Scorpius is co-written by Farscape creator Rockne S. O'Bannon and eventually at some time in the future, the Scorpius comic will crossover with the main comics when the time eventually comes for Scorpius to cross paths with Crichton and the Moya crew.

I am SOOOO giddy over this! This should be a totally cool new addition to all of Boom's Henson-y goodness and yet another great way to both flesh out the world of Farscape for the longtime fans and allow a starting point for potential news fans to be introduced to Farscape.

Boom! you spoil us! And we love it. Can i marry all of you?