Was this really news? Fox News attacks Mr. Rogers

JJandJanice

Reaction score
First off since this seems to be an old news segment, I don't know if this has been disscussed and if has I'm sorry.

But in the segment, Fox News attacks Mr. Rogers for his message of "You're special being you." They're trying to say it's kids shows like Mr. Rogers that make children believe they're already fine the way they are and don't need to improve, which lead to lower test scores and low job rates. By the way their was also a mother whom attack Sesame Street a little, :frown:.

Were they for real? Was this really news? Were they joking? :batty:

This is just totally lame if they are serious. :grouchy:

We also can't forget this was aired years after the passing of Fred Rogers, so it's not like he was able to defend himself or his message.

It's just lame, so so lame.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Um... why are you watching Fox News anyway? They're a load of bullcrap.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Ugh...I can't believe they would be saying such a thing!

Wait a minute...Did they say "Louisiana State University" at 0:57? :mad:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Um... why are you watching Fox News anyway? They're a load of bullcrap.
I don't watch Fox News actually. After seeing this segment, I can totally agree they're full of crap.

To be honest, this was brought up by someone else in another fourm I'm a member of and I was interested in hearing what my fellow MC'ers thought of this. So I bought it up. :wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Fox News commentators are notorious for misconstruing the term "tolerance" and such sentiments as liberal propaganda. These key Fox News personalities act as if tolerance will lead to an opposing viewpoint to eradicate their more conservative ones. Of course this is all silly and untrue. It's simply about sharing and accepting differences without having to assume them.

There is no intelligence in the Fox & Friends program. These horrible people sit on their butts and say they could do better...well, where is their attempt.

Narcissism and entitlement? That's a Fox News issue.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
The best part is that these are the same people who would gripe that no one takes personal responsibility anymore (usually in debates about government programs) ... and YET they don't blame kids' (or adults') poor performance on their OWN faults, but TV and videogames and comics and stuff are to blame.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Honestly, their attacks on kid;'s shows as of late is nothing more than disgusting. Absolutely disgusting behavior.

I wonder, in this era that lead to 2 unwinnable wars, that they pushed and endorsed to here and back why anyone still listens to their hateful rhetoric posing as "traditional Values." The fact they even hired escaped mental patient Glen Beck, the disciple of a Motmon nationalist conspiracy theorist (who believed that Communist and capitalist forces would come together and destroy the country among other things) speaks volumes of their business model that Goebbels would be proud of.

The blatant hypocrisy that they can attack everyone and everything under the sun, but you make a small joke about them and you're part of some imaginary left wing conspiracy that they made up. The behavior of these squawking heads has been nothing short of despicable since Obama took office, and they still want the ultra right and the Neo-Cons to control the country the same way they've done for 8 years that went oh so well.

Now they're picking on a dead children's entertainer. Classy.

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
First of all, I know you are all entitled to your own opinion, but i don't believe Fox News is so full of bullcrap like you all say. I think it has good fair news for today's world.

Now that I got that out of the way.....

That Mr. Rogers thing WAS crap. To think Mr. Rogers is evil? Mr. Rogers went out to tell kids they are important so they can go out into the world and gain more importance. If a child thinks they are important already, they can go out into the world and think they can do whatever they want to do. They already feel empowered so they continue to strive to become what they want to become. Fox News really screwed this one up. Really.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm sorry... this goes far beyond their normal "Obamy is a Commie" garbage that they spread to the ill informed masses that are apparently so ticked that he can't manage to fix anything fast enough without actually doing anything that doesn't face opposition from the same exact party that let everything happen.... Attacking kid's shows because they're part of the fake "Lefty conspiracy" they concocted is a new low for them.

Remember what5 happened the last 8 years, and remember this was the "News" force that let this happen. Remember the "If ypu don't support the war in Iraq, you're a traitor?" stuff? But that's beans to picking on Children's TV.

It ISN'T fair and balanced... I'm sorry, it just isn't. The only people that say that are on the right. Of course it's fair to them.

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
Dr. Tooth,

You are making it seem like Fox News is worse than it really is. Of course, I believe saying Mr. Rogers is evil is complete bullcrap on their part. But, they did not mention anything about "lefty conspiracy" ,as you call it, in this video. You seem to make it think like Fox News is always attacking the liberals. That is not true in this case. Fox News is fair becuase we need a news that can cover the other conservative side of news unlike their liberal counterparts such as CNN and MSNBC. This Mr. Rogers crap is dumb and Fox News did not need to say stuff like that. They should get back to reporting the news that will help to change America back to its original values.

Thank You :smile: