Was this from SST or The Electric Company?

pagesidehigh

Reaction score
this dude, fred, singing, "my name is fred, they call me fred, and when i eat i butter up a slice of...." and some annoyed little guy would chime in, all annoyed "BREAD!"

duh nuh nuh nuh nuh

my name is fred, they call me fred
and every night when i get tired...
*cue annoying guy*
HE GETS FIIIIIIIRED!!!

fred was tall, in a jumpsuit perhaps, w/maybe long red hair and his mouth didn't go along perfectly w/the song

i swear, i'd kill to see this again cuz NO ONE but my brother and i remember it

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry... Don't remember that one. You'd have to ask some of the more knowledgeable members with longer viewing histories of both or either shows than myself. Of course, you could always check http://muppet.wikia.com, as it's a great resource for all Muppet fans.
Hope this helps, have a good day.

sesameguy

Reaction score
Fred was on Sesame Street

It was definitely from Sesame Street. I remember it and your description is accurate. I wish I had a copy! Cute cartoon - the humor came from Fred not being able to figure out what the obvious words to the song were that rhymed with "Fred." "And when I'm tired I go to. . . uh. . ." :smile:

Son of Enik

Reaction score
Wow man...

That was always one of my favorite SS clips of all time!
Good to see some others remember the good stuff!

dkohn

Reaction score
My name is...duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhh

I LOVED this cartoon. Pretty sure it was Sesame Street. I have been looking for it for a long time. Please direct me to it if you find it; i will do likewise. Otherwise,

HE GETS FIRED!

jowo

Reaction score
This was my son's FAVORITE SS song/cartoon of all time. I used to sing it to him when he was about 1 1/2 or 2 and he'd laugh and laugh, especially to the HE GETS FIRED! I've been singing it to my most recent grandson but I'd love to see it on You Tube. Any chance anyone?

yay, it is on youtube. Happy Day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70rz6JGz4zk