Was Scooter Originally Meant to be a Whatnot?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Or, at the very least, since AMs traditionally came in green, blue, lavendar, and orange, was there intended to be an orange Whatnot? Scooter's overall shape and design is virtually identical to the other Whatnots.

jobi71

Reaction score
A very interesting question. I think they knew before filming that Scooter would be a main character and therefore they would not have other characters look similar to him. But a step or two back: He does share a similarity with other whatnots such as the Loud Lady and her Hermans. The loud lady (blue) does not have the same height as Scooter and the Hermans (mint green) are more angular and less full of face). My 100% uniformed guess would be that Jim, Richard, Jerry Juhl and Jack Burns selected the puppet and used (I am not sure who was with the workshop at the time Bonnie Erickson? Carly Wilcox? Rollie Krewson? Jim?) to come up with a design and thus Scooter was born. And they stayed away from the color and head shape as best they could. Dave Goelz did come up with an orange what not design for season 2 that became in season 3 Lew Zealand. So again the color and shape were dropped.