Was "Learning About Letters" Really An Episode Of Sesame Street?

Mike123

Reaction score
Hi Once Again, I would like to if the 1986 VHS release of "Learning About Letters" was really considered to be an episode of Sesame Street? Because at the end of the video, Big Bird talks to Telly, and the other Muppets and Luis to show Snuffy the alphabet, and since it has Luis in it, I would say this was made after the adults finally saw Snuffy in Episode 2096. If this was an episode from the 17th Season, Please let me know.

FunnyBear

Reaction score
The "Learning About Letters" VHS was a direct-to-home video. Episode 2096 was made in 1985, one year before this release

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've often wondered about this. I feel it could have been an episode, with various non-alphabet segments, though I doubt there's ever been an actual episode sponsored by the whole alphabet (and until 2002 I don't think there's been any street stories about the alphabet).

And I've also wondered if maybe the video was made earlier than 1986. I've wondered if when Snuffy was first seen by the others if it was still hard for the adults to find him at first (I mean all those years they have trouble seeing him, then they finally see him and all of asudden it's no longer hard?). But at the very end Big Bird mentions Snuffy in front of Luis and he doesn't seem to mind that they're doing Alphabet Day again for an "imaginary" friend, or mention him being imaginary (I'll ignore the other Muppets not mentioning the imaginary status, especially Telly who had seen Snuffy in an episode before the adults did, though he wasn't sure if he'd imagined him).