Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The promo seemed to have stuff that related to songs. The celebrity clips are songs about singing songs and that seems appropriate. The others just seem to be there because they're popular and they're basically trying to get their moneys worth from the new material. I certainly wouldn't mind if they include either of those two songs you mentioned (c'mon, they're great!), but if they could get in a classic song or two in their place, I wouldn't mind so much.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The promo seemed to have stuff that related to songs. The celebrity clips are songs about singing songs and that seems appropriate.
I didn't even notice that most of the songs in the promo are songs abbout songs. I did notice that the lighting in most of the clips seem a bit darkly lit, which does not apply to the ones previously mentioned.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I was looking at the Muppet Wiki page for the upcoming "Bye Bye Pacifire" release, and it includes an official product description. I noticed this line at the beginning of the description: "Becoming a big kid can be hard sometimes. For a young child it can be tough to give up a binky, learn to ride a tricycle or get a first haircut." I wonder if those are what all the street stories are about. Though I've never heard of any street stories involving anybody learning to ride a tricycle, and the only first haircut episode I know of is a season 30 episode where Baby Bear gets his first haircut (it would be great if they'd include a pre-format change street story but I doubt it). Of course until this was announced I didn't recall knowing of any episodes where somebody gives up a pacifire.

Still, I wonder if this DVD will include the classics "I'm Going to Get My Haircut" or "Super Grover: Barber Shop". Those would be good choices. So would "I Can Do It By Myself" and either version of Prairie Dawn's "All By Myself". I'm sort of thinking "My Pollywog Ways" and "Tadpole" would be good choices, but that might be pushing it (they are more about growing up than being big kids).

As for what is known to be included, Muppet Wiki says it'll have a "Bye Bye Pacifire" animation and an all-new "Big Kids Song" sung by Elmo.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There is a review of Elmo's Music Magic already online, and it turns out What I Am is just a bonus feature (I wonder if it counts among the 13 songs then, though I think the review mentioned it has 14 songs). Still no sign of whether it'll have any classics, but it will have Bert and Ernie's "Loud and Soft" song. I think this'll be the first time since WB took over the video right that a new Sesame Street DVD included Bert and Ernie in puppet form (a few recent DVDs have included solo Ernie segments, but aside from claymation segments Bert has been absent).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, according to Muppet Wiki, Bye Bye Pacifire will include street scenes involving Elmo giving up his pacifire, Abby Cadabby's tricycle, and Baby Bear's first haircut (interestingly, that's a pre-format change episode, from season 30. I wonder how that'll be handled). I also read that the classic song Proud will be included (I know there's two songs with that title. Muppet Wiki says it'll be the one with Little Jerry and the Monotones. If that's true then it'll be the third Little Jerry and the Monotones segment on DVD!).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Today I was at Target, and I saw a DVD I hadn't heard of, called Singing with the Stars. I didn't pick it up, but it appears to focus on celebrity performances. It seems everything that I saw mentioned on the packaging has been released on DVD before, and most of the songs/celebrities mentioned I know are on Elmo's Music Magic (I don't know the full contents of that, either). And this DVD mentioned having 15 songs (the same number of songs advertised as being in Elmo's Music Magic).

The songs I know that are included: What I Am, Song About Elmo, 1234 (mentioned in a photo caption as "Counting to Four"), Dancing, and A New Way to Walk. The packaging mentions some of the featured celebrities, but doesn't provide images (when I first saw the "Counting to Four" image I thought it was a different clip, as Feist wasn't pictured).

Anybody know anything else about this? I searched for it on both Muppet Wiki and Google and nothing showed up.

And it looks like we know nothing about what the next Sesame Street DVD might be.

EDIT TO ADD: I searched the title on Google again and found an Amazon listing, which also points out it has Furry Happy Monsters, and lists Andrea Borcelli as a guest (which I guess means Celebrity Lullaby is included).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The next Sesame Street DVD will be "Elmo's World: Favorite Things", to be released on febuary 7, 2012. Episodes will include Building Things (the only new-to-DVD Elmo's World segment on this release), Birthdays, and School. So after this Transportation will be the last Elmo's World segment not on DVD (I wish they'd release that one and then stop with the EW releases, especially since the segment will supposedly be dropped next season).

Interestingly, the cover says it'll have "2 hours of fun". Each Elmo's World segment lasts 15-20 minutes, which would be just about an hour. I guess there'll be additional content, but I wonder what else will be included.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The next Sesame Street DVD will be "Elmo's World: Favorite Things", to be released on febuary 7, 2012. Episodes will include Building Things (the only new-to-DVD Elmo's World segment on this release), Birthdays, and School. So after this Transportation will be the last Elmo's World segment not on DVD (I wish they'd release that one and then stop with the EW releases, especially since the segment will supposedly be dropped next season).

Interestingly, the cover says it'll have "2 hours of fun". Each Elmo's World segment lasts 15-20 minutes, which would be just about an hour. I guess there'll be additional content, but I wonder what else will be included.
Considering that the "People in Your Neighborhood" segments included in Elmo's World: People in Your Neighborhood (well, the segments that aren't bonus clips) feature a type of person related to the Elmo's World episodes they follow, I wonder if the majority of clips will be related to the three Elmo's World episodes on here. Considering that, I could see it containing the following:
  • We Coulda (or some other Biff and Sully segment about building)
  • Body Parts vs. Heavy Equipment
  • The D Building
  • Bert and Ernie: Happy Birthday to U (I wonder if music rights would need to be cleared, or if the use of "Happy Birthday" here would count as parody and be covered by fair use; Ernie replaces the word "you" with the identical-sounding letter U, which to me makes it just as much a parody as the "Oooo-klahoma" segment with Forgetful Jones).
  • Monsterpiece Theater: The 400 Blows
  • Grover's Restuaraunt: Relatives Birthday
  • Forgetful Jones calls his cousin
  • Kermit News: The First Day of School
  • any Abby's Flying Fairy School segment
  • any Murray Has a Little Lamb segment

Though with the "Favorite Things" title, I could see it having segments involving the favorite things of the various characters. In my opinion it would have to have "Pigeons and Cookies and Trash" and "But I Like You". But if the non-Elmo's World segments involve favorite things, I'd say it'd have to include some segments on Bert's favorite things (I think this would be a great way of releasing the rare segment "I'm Square"), The Count and counting (I would choose "Counting is Wonderful"), Cookie Monster and cookies, Baby Bear and porridge, and Ernie and his Rubber Duckie (I'd choose either D-U-C-K-I-E or the original version of "Rubber Duckie"). The DVD will come out in two months, hopefully we'll get more info by then (I wonder if I'll buy it if I don't know by then when the additional hour of content is).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, I read at Muppet Wiki that Elmo's World: Favorite Things will have eight Elmo's World episodes, including Friends and Dinosaurs... Too bad no Transportation.

And although it's been posted elsewhere, I'd like to point out here that Sesame Street's Facebook page is giving fans an opportunity to vote for clips for an upcoming DVD called "Best of Sesame Friends", coming in fall.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well I recently bought the Target exclusive DVD "Singing with the Stars", mainly to fill the sketch listing at Muppet Wiki (only to find the listing was complete before I watched it) and out of hope that it'd include some classic guest star segments (it doesn't). Many of the segments included have been released on video before (some more than enough, and some also on the recent song-themed celebrity-heavy Elmo's Music Magic), but I still found it enjoyable. I hadn't seen LL Cool J's appearance before and it was kinda great. It has some of my favorite celebrity appearances (1234, What I Am, Song About Elmo, Don't Know Y) though most of the favorites had been available elsewhere. The Celebrity Lullaby sketch with Rickey Gervais or whatever his name is is a great sketch I hadn't paid much attention to before getting this. But it sort of puzzles me that they'd include so many celebrity appearances from the late-1990s to today but not any classic celebrity appearances (I'm sure that at least some of the featured celebrities aren't as famous as they were when they made their appearances.... And I honestly don't know the current celebrity status of many, but I'm pretty sure Jason Mraz, Goo Goo Dolls, and Destiny's Child are no longer current... how would that be different from a 1970s or 1980s celebrity clip?). It is a shame that it didn't include any celebrity montages, even as a bonus clip.

I also noticed that the Muppet Wiki pages for many of the post-Sesame Spoofs DVDs seem to finally have full segment listings (actually I don't think Learning Letters with Elmo is a complete listing... It currently lists only the street stories and one segment for each letter focused in the street stories, and I saw a promo for that DVD which showed clips of more segments, though all of the segments shown focus only on three letters... But without seeing it or getting word from someone else, how do we know Sesame Workshop wasn't pulling a "Being Green trailer" on us?). As I suspected/hoped, Bye-Bye Pacifire has "I'm Going to Get My Hair Cut", so that one has two previously-unreleased classic clips (the other being the bonus "Proud" with Little Jerry and the Monotones). Hmm, with Silly Storytime, Best of Sesame Street Spoofs, iTune's "Sesame Street Classics", and a handful of classic clips on Elmo's Travel Songs and Games, Elmo's World: People in Your Neighborhood, and Bye-Bye Pacifire, last year sure was a good year for classic material on Sesame Street releases. Let's hope this year is just as good if not better!