WANTED: Sesame Street Blanket

kesafloyd

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a very specific model of Sesame Street blanket sold at Pennies in the mid 80's. I had one of these, but because it was my baby blankie, it is now in shreds. Does anyone have a "clone" of my blankie that is in better condition?

The blanket is white, and made out of the kind of material that has very tiny squares woven into the fabric. It is perhaps a square yard in size, but I am not sure of the exact dimensions. Printed on it are multicolored dots and various SS characters (Big Bird, Oscar, Cookie Monster, etc) sitting on blocks of different letters of the alphabet.

Here is a photo of my blankie as it looked in its heyday:
http://www.kesafloyd.com/blankiepic.jpg

Price is negotiable, but as I am a student on a budget I would appreciate a low price, or just the cost of shipping. If you have this blanket just hanging around, not special to anyone, please consider selling it to me. It would mean a great deal for nostalgia's sake. Please email me at kesafloyd@sbcglobal.net if you have this blanket. Non-smoking homes only, please.

Thanks,
Alexandra

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
That was my baby blanket too! Mine got eaten by my dog though and enetually I had to throw it away.

jah742

Reaction score
i was also looking for a replacement for my childhood blanket. i still have it, but it is pretty tattered. i had the white background, with characters in bedtime theme. i searched ebay under "vintage sesame street". i was able to find the material. i didn't find the actual sleeping bag, which mine was, but i did find breand new sheets big enough to make a new one. it was amazing to see the bright vibrant colors next to my faded, worn, beat up blanket.

i know i have seen that print on sheets, and with some batting, and another piece for the back, you can make a new "woobie"

good luck. :smile:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I picked up some old sesame street bedroom stuff the other day. I got a quilt cover and a pillow case, well I think thats what they are. Its a very nice design and I got the lot for about $3

$3 AUD that is! :smile:

kesafloyd

Reaction score
Infinity Sirius said:
That was my baby blanket too! Mine got eaten by my dog though and enetually I had to throw it away.
Wow, nice to meet another person who had the same blanket! I have another SS blanket that isn't really a "blankie", but I use it because I like propping my head against it while I sleep. My mom got it for me when we thought my original blankie got lost (my friend had stuffed it into a bag in my room). This second blanket later got kind of chewed on by my pet rat, so it has some little holes in it. It's more durable than the blanket I posted about, though.

Alexandra

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
If only important things from when you were a baby remained perfect as we remember them.

kesafloyd

Reaction score
Infinity Sirius said:
If only important things from when you were a baby remained perfect as we remember them.
The irony is that my friend Chelsea had the same blanket when we were little (never as a special blanket), and she got rid of it at some time. I used to sleep over at her house and use it like my blankie because they were so similar when they were in good condition.