WANTED: Rowlf bust

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!
I've just inherited a piano, and since now that I own one, I was kind of hoping that I could get a bust of Rowlf to sit on top of it. Since he is one of the great piano players of our time.

Anyway, I'm not looking for the Sideshow one.
The one I'm looking for in all honesty, probably doesn't exist, but I'm hopeful.
It would be in similar style to those busts you find of Beethoven or Mozart that always seem to be on top of pianos that you see in all kinds of sketches and television shows/movies.
Basically, plaster or marble. If anyone has ever heard of something like this, or flat out knows they don't exist, or has one they want to part with. Please let me know.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Such a bust would have to be a custom job someone does for you. But even though it's not what you envisioned, i wouldn't overlook that Sideshow bust...i actually think it would look incredible atop a piano!

beakerfan76

Reaction score
I'd personally go for a Dr. Teeth, but that's my preference. :big_grin:

If they made busts of guys like Crazy Harry, wouldn't it make sense for them to have made Rowlf?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I'd personally go for a Dr. Teeth, but that's my preference. :big_grin:

If they made busts of guys like Crazy Harry, wouldn't it make sense for them to have made Rowlf?
Sideshow did make a Rowlf the Dog bust as well as Crazy Harry, if that's what you mean. Sadly they didn't make Floyd Pepper to go along with the rest of the band that was made, :sing:.

Dearth

Reaction score
I think we've gotten off-topic... he said in the first post that he did NOT want the Sideshow one.

GonzoLover85, I have to agree with dwmckim, I don't think the precise marble/plaster Rowlf bust that you have in mind exists. You'll have to have one commissioned.

For what it's worth, I don't own a piano, but I recently bought a Fisher-Price Rowlf puppet from the 70's, and I think it would look awesome sitting atop a baby grand. You'd need a little stand to help keep him upright, but that should be fairly easy.

Heck, for that matter, buy the puppet and dip it in plaster!

Dearth

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice guys.

I only said I didn't want the sideshow bust because I was hoping for something a little bit bigger....
But when it comes down to it, I'd definitely be willing to settle with that one.

I knew before I asked that the one I had asked for was probably non-existent.