Want to write for JHC?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hiya, gang.

I just wrote an email to JHC fanmail because I was dying to get an idea across to them:
At 09:22 AM 2/5/04 -0500, you wrote:

Hiya,

I KNOW that the generic answer is that the company has a fine list of writers already available to them, but in order to ever possibly even be considered for any submissions, does one need to be a member of the WGA? What other guidelines does one need to meet in order to write a script treatment for consideration?

I have at least 3 very grand ideas that would definitely be extremely beneficial to the JHC and The Muppets.

Please write back, seriously or sarcastically is cool, just PLEASE don't give the same ol' generic answer.

Thanks
Kevin

Fozzie Bear at MuppetCentral.com
FOZZI3B3AR at ToughPigs.com

They said they only had the generic response; however, as usual, they went a step further than the usual generic response (as, in my experience, is typical for JHC to be more hands-on with their public):

Dear Kev,

Afraid the same old generic answer is all we can supply:

The policy of The Jim Henson Company is not to accept or consider any ideas, suggestions, music or other material of any nature whatsoever.
If you feel strongly that you have something that might be an exception to this policy you need to find your own (theatrical, intellectual property) agent/attorney with experience in author representation and who can represent you. Beyond this we can't supply any further information to you, such as a list of agents/attorneys.

Regards . . . The Jim Henson Company

So, for those of you writing scripts, etc, you plan to submit: GET AN AGENT!!

That's all for now,
FOZ

Beauregard

Reaction score
Actually. I am getting one right now. At least I have started to write to a load.

Luke

Reaction score
They called you Kev when you used Kevin ? Maybe that was someone who does that out of habit but maybe they knew of you from the forums where people call you Kev a lot.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I didn't notice the "Kev" thing. So, I rechecked it and it was there. Now, knowing I copied and pasted that thing, I have to ask myself: Why'd I check it?! LOL!! It's the same ol' thing.

I need sleep.

Anyways, yeah, maybe it was one of our own MCers that got it and wrote back!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Kev, Kev, Kev, Kev, Kev, Kev....

*so well known the chant goes on*

Kev, Kev, Kev, Kev...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
(With my name being chanted, I feel like I should appear in a burst of flames through some carved image or something. Unfortunately, I can't do that, so I'll stick to posting here.)