Walter Puppeteer Auditions

Mistoffelees

Reaction score
According to an article in the New York Times, Peter Linz was one of six puppeteers who auditioned for the role of Walter. I was wondering if anyone knew who the other five puppeteers were? Thanks!

Mupp

Reaction score
I don't think that specific info is available to the general public.

Its possible that we'll find out on the bonus features when the movie comes out on DVD next year.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Is there nothing about that on IMDb under trivia? I mean, I haven't read anything about it myself, but there may be some sort of info about that sort of thing there.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I think one of the others could be Paul Rudd, because he was the first to be rumored to be doing Walter.When I first saw this post heading, I thought Disney might be auditioning for a replacement to Peter Linz.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
id love to see this...this is my fave part of working with people when i do projects because you get to see how people view different characters

Beauregard

Reaction score
No no, Michael Cera/Paul Rudd is who they had in the original script playing a "human" Walter in a dream, I think.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think one of the others could be Paul Rudd, because he was the first to be rumored to be doing Walter.When I first saw this post heading, I thought Disney might be auditioning for a replacement to Peter Linz.
Are you sure you don't mean Paul Rugg? Rudd isn't a puppeteer, Rugg is.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Interesting to read that Puppet Heap drew up 14 different Walters for Disney to choose from.
Why in the world did they choose such a simple and generic looking Walter? I mean, he seriously looks like one of those poorly constructed stock puppets you can get at Christian book stores at jacked up prices.