Wait a Minute... "DreamWorks' Dragons"? What?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Did DreamWorks turn How to Train Your Dragon into a series for Cartoon Network, or is this something entirely different?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It's the former, a show based on the movie.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well then I'll have to check this out, this may be the first decent thing CN's done in eight years.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hate to admit it... but I was starting to miss cartoon series based off of movies. I guess DIC's horrible Evolution the series left such a bad taste in my mouth I forgot how much I liked most of them.

It was getting kinda pathetic, actually... they were making adult cartoons based on movies for a while. Well, at least that Spaceballs one.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I thought you'd be one of the first to know about this, Snowth. It's been on for a couple of weeks. I'm not sure I'll watch it. I'm not a big fan of the movie.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I didn't even get to see the movie. So I can't even bother watching the show because I'd be afraid I'd be lost or have a major spoiler revealed when I actually do see it.

But I am VERY happy that Dreamworks is making these animated series. I love Penguins of Madagascar, Kung Fu Panda is very good, and I cannot wait for the Monsters Vs. Aliens series.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
MVA?! I didn't know that was happening! THAT IS AWESOME! I loved that movie. You're always informing us on things like that, Tooth! :smile:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I thought you'd be one of the first to know about this, Snowth.
I haven't had a reason to watch CN in YEARS (I was among those who were alienated by its extreme makeover back in 2004), so I didn't find out about this until last night, while checking the cable listings to find something to watch since World's Dumbest on Friday nights on truTV had been replaced by reruns of Wipeout.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Apparently, HtTYD was based on a book series. It turned into another one of those "In name only" type movies. From what I get, Toothless was really a tiny, scrawny little dragon with no teeth, similar to those little fire breathing guys in the movie. Just thought I would mention that :stick_out_tongue:

But I am actually interested in seeing this. Although I would have expected it to be on Nick and not CN, but whatever XD

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I haven't had a reason to watch CN in YEARS (I was among those who were alienated by its extreme makeover back in 2004), so I didn't find out about this until last night, while checking the cable listings to find something to watch since World's Dumbest on Friday nights on truTV had been replaced by reruns of Wipeout.
Regular Show and Adventure Time. Watch them. You may gain some (some) respect back. They are honestly the only two cartoons I will watch now a days. (Other than Gravity Falls on Disney)