Wacky Stax Wanted

muppetperson

Reaction score
Does anybody have the hemispherical toy called Wacky Stax for sale?These were used by the Muppet Workshop for some of the eyes and I would like to have an example of it in my collection, preferably with it's original packaging.

P

Princeton

In the Behind-The Scenes section of Sesame Street: Unpaved, it reveals that in the hype of building the Sesame Street puppets, Jim Henson did indeed use Wacky Stax. In fact, he bought out the entire Wacky stax stock! But, who knows? There might still be some out there somewhere. Good luck!

muppetperson

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.I have the Sesame Sreet book and have spotted the paragraph.Shame they didnt have any pictures of it.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
the whole Wcky Stax thing is a bit of a exageration,

yes they did use them(and still do in a limited way), but what he did do was buy the remainder after the company stopped making them and ordered a run of them in plain white , that was it,

i never saw any in "original" packaging,

so while they are still used today, for the most part they order hemispheres from architecture supply companies, which offer a wider range of sizes and styles,

or they sculpt shapes and vacu-form them to order

muppetperson

Reaction score
Thanks, Ravagefrackle.I guess as there were so many different supplies for Muppet eyes, having a sample of wacky stax (if I could get it) loses it's significance.

gulludog

Reaction score
muppetperson said:
Does anybody have the hemispherical toy called Wacky Stax for sale?These were used by the Muppet Workshop for some of the eyes and I would like to have an example of it in my collection, preferably with it's original packaging.
Good dude ....

Diego Fiorucci

Reaction score
What's the original material and diameter of the classic toy? I knew a similar toy here in Argentina called Tiki Taka.