Vintage cookie monster puppet

VonCount

Reaction score
I've been repairing some vintage puppets I got online, specifically cookie monster and Grover. The cookie monster has a gap in his mouth, is that from wear or was it designed that way originally to accommodate a cookie?

Either way I may leave him that way because then he can "eat". I sewed up some holes near his eyes and on Grover's eyes, they're looking a lot better. I wish I knew how to attach photos or I'd show a before and after.

GroverBoy

Reaction score
Yup, Cookie Monster came with a "gap" in the back of his black felt mouth. If it's all there it's almost like a black yube going down his throat - not just a split mouth. The original box came with cookies printed on the back for cookie monster to eat.

VonCount

Reaction score
Yup, Cookie Monster came with a "gap" in the back of his black felt mouth. If it's all there it's almost like a black yube going down his throat - not just a split mouth. The original box came with cookies printed on the back for cookie monster to eat.
Thank you! The felt is all worn off but I bet I could spruce it up, at first I thought it was ripped but there were pieces of felt hanging in the throat which did seem like they originally connected to the mouth plates.