View new posts button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We added a "view new posts" button to the forum menu. Several of you have requested this so hopefully it will be a little more easier.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Yaaay! And there's no fine line of a hot spot below the buttons anymore to screw me up.

Thanks Phil and Jamie :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that this is not the final design, although it will have the same features. The visual design will be quite different.

BTW - Knew you'd notice the pixel hot spot discrepancy has been fixed. The buttons highlight on rollover, but I can clearly see why that issue would come up sometimes. The current changes are still a quick fix. We want this menu to look just right.

radionate

Reaction score
It has always been there, just in another spot. And its still in that spot. I always used it too

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The main page offers the old link and the one provided in the Flash menu, but now all pages have the "view new posts" feature. That's what was missing before.

It is the forum software maker's assumption that "view new posts" should only be on the main page. The Muppet Central staff decided to offer this feature on every page after noticing that many members (myself included) continually use our browser's "back" button. That is simply bad design. A user could have clicked the forum option to bring them back to the main page, and then select the button, but that's an extra needless step.

We intended to include the option in the new design, but we received enough complaints to warrant a quick fix until the new menu debuts later this year.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We are glad the "view new posts" button is helpful.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm surprised some people never noticed that it was only previously on the main forum page only.

It's so much nicer to have the link accessible from anywhere in the forum rather than having to click the back button a zillion times to find the "View New Posts" link again.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You only had to click the forum button once to get to main page with that option, so it didn't require a zillion clicks, but most people seemed to be doing it the other way (including me). But two clicks for one action is too many.

Status
Not open for further replies.