1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Video: The Muppets on "Julie: My Favourite Things"

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by MissMusical12, Dec 1, 2012.

1. MissMusical12

MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

I just bumped into this little quirky special that dates back to 1975, and thought the Muppet segments are really good on there (especially The Electric Mayhem's number, in which they sing "Your Mama Won't Like Me"). I listened to the original version of the song and then this version and I thought "Wow!" When Julie came out in the end as a hippie, I cracked up! Kermit is also on this special as well.

By the way, those of you wondering, Janice is performed by John Lovelady here (Although she is silent, you can hear her in the song)
    ploobis, cjd874 and muppet maniac like this.
  2. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Cool, I didn't know a YT video of this special was existent. I'll have to watch it later. Thanks for posting.
  3. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

Aw, I've been looking for this in, like, forever!
    MissMusical12 likes this.
  4. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Great performances by Julie & the Muppets! I especially dig Dr. Teeth's number and the hilarious ending scene with the EM...

Julie: What's the matter? I was just getting into it!
    Floyd: Well, it's OK, babe...I'm just getting out of it. (laughter)
    Julie: What did I do?
    Floyd: Not very much. (laughter)
    Dr. Teeth: Eh, just a little too much of "The Sound of Music" there, lady.