1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Video: "The Muppet Movie - The (Nearly) 35th Anniversary Edition" coming to Blu-Ray in 2013

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by muppet maniac, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Yeah! What he said. I would like those deleted scenes get fully restored and remastered.
  2. JonnyBMuppetMan Active Member

I would like to see "I Hope That Something Better Comes Along" complete and the audible Muppet dialogue during the end credits like it is on the UK cut, but I'm kinda skeptical those edits will be included (as extras, at the very least).
    FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  3. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

All I gotta say is MAKE IT A GOOD ONE DISNEY!!!
  4. Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'm almost more excited about that. If nothing else, it means Disney's playing nice with Zemeckis and Spielberg and Amblin. There's talks of the sequel's script being worked on as we speak. Hopefully this means the rise of some more merchandising or something.

Still, it would be nice to have a solid release date for both of these films.
  5. jvcarroll Well-Known Member

I have no doubt that Disney is cleaning up the print for posterity. We'll likely still get some grain so it won't be a perfectly clean film. It will at least look as good as it did in theaters and that's really the point.

I just really want extras. Extras, extras and more extras. Some of the Muppet specials would be nice. Also, there's got to be more TMM specific material in the vaults. I also would like to hear some commentary. Muppet commentary is cool, but I would also like to hear from performers or the director about the making of the film. Still, just a crisp transfer of the film is enough for me.

I am going to admit that it's a little strange to see the Disney logo above the film logo as in "Disney: The Muppet Movie." I know they paid for the franchise and branding is important. It just looks a little strange to me since they had no hand in making or distributing the 1979 film. I am happy that Disney has the Muppets so I guess this is something we're just gonna have to get used to.

I know it doesn't seem to matter to a lot of people, but I encourage Disney to bring back the original cover art for the release. Drew Struzan did such a beautiful job painting two different posters for the film. It would be nice to see one of them. Maybe Disney could create some sort of store-exclusive bearing the original art. The garishly Photoshopped monstrosities have really been disappointing. Disney's usually much better handling the art for their animated properties. Come on, Disney. This is your chance to pull out all the stops on this and make something really special! Sure, I'll buy it either way. ;)
  6. Squigiman Active Member

What Jamie said, X1000, - the part about a crisp transfer being enough. Extras (good, substantial ones) are a MUST. Let's make sure to make our voices really heard, if we can impact this, at all, with a release date still nowhere in site. Let's find who we need to contact to make this happen, because it will likely be QUITE SOME TIME before another one.

-Zach
  7. BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

I remember when the Kermit's 50th Anniversary DVDs were first announced, the two Jim-era features had behind-the-scenes featurettes announced as bonus features that ultimately didn't make it onto the discs due to space issues. Hopefully, they are as good as the featurettes for the post-Jim features and will be put on the respective Blu-rays and see the light of day.

But, yes, I say Disney should everything possible pertaining to this movie they can get clearance to put on the disc. Like I said The Muppets Go Hollywood has absolutely no reason not be on this disc, even if it's edited, same goes for the Jim Frawley camera tests. If the deleted scenes can be made available to Disney, those should be on there too. There is surely a lot of stuff Disney can put on this disc that would require very little work on Disney's behalf beyond getting it cleared.
  8. monkeyjb1988 Member

Awesome news. Can't wait. Actually one of my favorite films, Muppet or otherwise. :)
  9. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

When I first saw the trailer and thought about the fact that no specific date is on there (just 2013) I wondered if it was official or fan made. Especially since the youtube channel it's associated with sounds more like something a YouTuber would have. But hopefully this is real. Too bad it doesn't show cover art or a list of features.
  10. FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Since they showed the real Disney Blu-ray logo during trailer, it's 100% real! :)
    jvcarroll likes this.
  11. muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

it said 2013? where im lost
  12. muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

it was a trailer for a disney dvd recently came out

Edit: It was the Timothy Green Movie
  13. jvcarroll Well-Known Member

The ad looks very slick and very Disney to me. I don't see anything fan made about it. As others have confirmed, this has also been supported by various sources. There is no 2013 date listed. It just says "The Nearly 35th Anniversary Edition" so it could come out any time before June 2014. They're probably creating the interactive menus for it right now. They've already got the Muppeteers together for the Christmas appearances and they'll begin shooting the new Muppet movie next month. That's what the timing of this says to me. :)
  14. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Hopefully that Disney Intermission feature (assuming it's on this release) won't ruin that. Though I've seen screen grabs from The Muppets blu-ray online, so I guess it's possible.
  15. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure you can turn the feature off.
  16. jvcarroll Well-Known Member

You can turn that feature off in the main menu settings.
  17. muppet baby Active Member

super happy about this love this movie so much my first Miss piggy doll came from this movie and so many great songs .
  18. KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

So what are our demands so far (lol):

- clean new transfer, video AND audio
    - restored Kermit meets Rowlf "grasshopper" dialogue & full "I Hope That Something Better Comes Along" song (if filmed? can't remember)
    - UK credits with audible dialogue (at least as an extra)
    - performers'/director/ANY surviving crew members' commentary
    - behind-the-scenes/deleted scenes/outtakes (all restored as much as possible)
    - The Muppets Go Hollywood tv special (and The Muppets At WDW on GMC when it eventually comes to bluray)
    - Drew Struzan cover art (this is a big one for me too Jamie!! :) )

... and any other fun surprises they want to include, of course. Everything above should be mandatory, and should be thought of as mandatory not only by the fans, but whomever is in charge of getting this release amped-up and ready too... and they should be a Muppet fan as well. ;)

Oh, one last thing: an advert for The Muppet Show Seasons 4 & 5 FINALLY being released on dvd/bluray. Yeah, that should definitely be included. :D
    DrDientes and jvcarroll like this.
  19. muppet maniac Well-Known Member

I, too, am very happy that this is happening. It's about time too. Now if we could just get seasons 4 and 5 out there...

Here's my list of what I'd like to see on the upcoming release...
    *A retrospective special with the Muppeteers, Henson family/legacy, any of the surviving cast/crew
    *Behind the scenes footage, including the big finale - if behind the scenes footage for that even exists; Tim would probably know (forgot to ask Earl/WasOnceErnie)
    *Tonight Show appearance from 1979 w/ Kermit hosting
    *All the trailers and TV spots, both US and overseas
    *Deleted scenes
    *Photo gallery (concept sketches, storyboards, pictures of the "Swamp Creature" that never made it into the final film)
    *Muppets Go Hollywood special

I also hope this release will have two versions for us to choose from: the original, theatrical version and the extended UK version.
    KermieBaby47 and Phillip like this.
  20. Drtooth Well-Known Member

The thing about special features for these older movies is that they have to still exist. Most of the time, these things just get thrown out because no one would ever bother to see them. I hope that Henson/Disney/whoever has a huge stockpile of old footage to use. I'm sure they can put the camera tests that the Sony release had on it, but anything else would have to be up to whatever they have available.

But somehow I doubt they'd get us the UK extended cut. They should, totally... or at least scene comparisons or something.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.