Video: The Muppet Christmas Carol Blu-ray Extras

Status
Not open for further replies.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Why anyone would be unhappy were the song included is beyond me.
I have no opinion either way but from what I've read over the years some fans just thought it was too long and lengthy a sequence with no Muppets.

zoebell

Reaction score
i'm outraged. i grew up on the extended edition on VHS, so i was REALLY wanting this to have at least both versions, like the dvd did.

i'm so upset right now. disney sucks

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
No, they most certainly do not "suck". Who is releasing this? Who gave it new bonus features? Just because it is cutting out one part that wasn't even in the theatrical cut, does NOT mean that Disney sucks.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That's probably why I could care less about the scene myself. Lol
It's been awhile so I tried to watch it again just now. I'll be honest my first thought was "90's kid's movie song." Lol. To be fair this has never been my favorite scene in any incarnation of A Christmas Carol. I just don't care that much about Scrooge's girlfriend (except maybe in Scrooged, hehe).

It is a little strange to have such an extended scene with no Muppets in a Muppet film. And I remember the Tough Pigs guys pointing out that the movie gets repetitive with "three 'pretty' songs in a row." Both are likely reasons the song was cut.

But I can certainly understand that people who grew up with the VHS release would be fond of the number. At least it is on the DVD; some of my friends who are big fans of the movie say that still works for them for now.

I will say, the one thing that I really liked in the scene was Michael Caine's reactions. That pretty much sums up my feelings on the movie in general. :wink:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Well I can be fair too Christmas Carol isn't exactly my favorite story however when I first saw it I thought well it being Muppets maybe it'll actually be pretty good. But alas my feelings didn't change much. As I've said many times I don't like when the Muppets role play. I didn't like they were more co-stars rather then at the forefront like they always are or had been. Which is why I have never owned this movie in any format. However the "Bless Us All" scene is one of my favorite Muppet scenes despite the movie itself being my least favorite.

I did just rewatch the clip that was posted as it's been awhile since I had seen it. Honestly and I don't even say this because I didn't care for the movie but the scene doesn't really do much for me. *Please don't flame me!* I mean this is a Muppet movie and there's no Muppets in the scene at all. I think it's kind of boring. I can see why fans do like it as it does add to the story but I also see Disney's point as well it just feels like it's dragging. Has it even been said if their at least including it in the bonus features? I mean that would be better then nothing for fans who feel that strongly about it. As Phillip said technically in the final cut that's all it ended up being was a deleted scene.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I didn't like they were more co-stars rather then at the forefront like they always are or had been. Which is why I have never owned this movie in any format.
Yeah we're on the same page. I did try watching MCC as a kid but just didn't connect with it. I think some of the songs are very good and I enjoy Michael Caine in nearly everything he does but the movie as a whole just doesn't feel like a Muppet movie for me. It was trying to force the Muppets into a Dickensian style, rather than the other way around.

But again, I get that a lot of people enjoy it and that's fine. :smile:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Yep same here I am in no way disrespecting the ones who did like it. I'm just giving my personal opinions on it. However like I said I can see both sides about this particular scene. But for me the whole point of me watching it was because it was a MUPPET movie. Otherwise I might as well just have watched the actual Christmas Carol without the frogs, bears, and chickens. :big_grin:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Otherwise I might as well just have watched the actual Christmas Carol without the frogs, bears, and chickens. :big_grin:
Exactly, that's how it feels. A scene with a similar issue was nephew Fred's dinner party. I don't care about these actors (again, except Michael Caine :wink:), I just want to see the Muppets, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.