video of cast performing Sing

StreetScenes

Reaction score
so apparently the cast of sesame street was part of an all-star benefit concert on Broadway called Defying Inequality and they sang Sing--here's someone's video on youtube. did anyone get to go? did anyone even hear about it? why are sesame street appearances so underpublicized and elusive that we only hear of them after the fact?

sesameguy

Reaction score
did anyone get to go? did anyone even hear about it? why are sesame street appearances so underpublicized and elusive that we only hear of them after the fact?
That's a good question. Hiring a good PR person can cost a bit of money, and perhaps Sesame Workshop doesn't feel the need to spend funds for that. I suppose that SW is focusing so much on the kids (and the show itself) that they don't feel the need to alert us adults to their schedule. I never would have known about that recent forum at the college unless someone here hadn't alerted us. The Electric Company is another good example. I wouldn't have known about the new show if I hadn't read about it here.

Perhaps another reason is that many of the cast members have their own individual schedules that SW may not even be aware of. I'm thinking of the books by Roscoe Orman and Caroll Spinney. I'm not sure if SW would feel the need to publicize those, just because they aren't a major part of the company's agenda.

StreetScenes

Reaction score
oh, i'm sure the fact that they're all on their own schedules is part of it, but none of these people announce it themselves either, so it seems it's up to the venue or institution they're visiting to publicize, which doesn't happen.

i search online frequently for news items about sesame street and never find anything until someone writes a review in the west podunk weekly. for example, in the past month or so roscoe orman gave a talk in new jersey, christopher cerf gave a talk in mississippi, and linda bove did a book signing in rochester, ny. but i didn't find any of those until two or three days after they happened.

i can't even find appearances of people who have their own websites. sonia manzano has a blog but she only updated it once with upcoming appearances. she has posted more to her political blog. and bob mcgrath has never yet updated his blog. he mentioned two upcoming parades in his inaugural post, but not his appearance with the salvation army band (which Vic Romano missed and has a thread about here), not the william patterson event, not the NEA thing he emceed in washington, and not the show of hearts telethon he hosted in vancouver a couple weeks ago.

basically the reason i joined MC was because i learned of a few events through the fourm--the forum kind of functions like a publicity clearinghouse for henson & sesame workshop. and yet even we, with our geographical coverage and collective obsession, can't find announcements of these appearances...

sesameguy

Reaction score
i can't even find appearances of people who have their own websites. sonia manzano has a blog but she only updated it once with upcoming appearances. she has posted more to her political blog. and bob mcgrath has never yet updated his blog. he mentioned two upcoming parades in his inaugural post, but not his appearance with the salvation army band (which Vic Romano missed and has a thread about here), not the william patterson event, not the NEA thing he emceed in washington, and not the show of hearts telethon he hosted in vancouver a couple weeks ago.

basically the reason i joined MC was because i learned of a few events through the fourm--the forum kind of functions like a publicity clearinghouse for henson & sesame workshop. and yet even we, with our geographical coverage and collective obsession, can't find announcements of these appearances...
I know exactly what you mean. I know how tricky it can be to find time to blog (look at how rarely I update mine!), but it just seems like the stars should find the time to promote their own events. It seems like a "win-win." But obviously real life comes first. It's frustrating for us fans. We just have to keep "an ear to the ground" to learn about events, and if we miss them, we have to take a deep breath and realize that nobody's perfect - not us, or them.

StreetScenes

Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean. I know how tricky it can be to find time to blog (look at how rarely I update mine!), but it just seems like the stars should find the time to promote their own events. It seems like a "win-win." But obviously real life comes first. It's frustrating for us fans. We just have to keep "an ear to the ground" to learn about events, and if we miss them, we have to take a deep breath and realize that nobody's perfect - not us, or them.
oh, i know. i don't blame them--they're busy with things like devoting their careers to children's education... and their daily routines probably involve far less internet than mine and i can barely keep up with business e-mails... i think i'm just generally shocked at the difficulty of finding out this type of information--the internet SEEMS so comprehensive that you can find anything if you only know where to look and how to look for it, especially for events that the performers, venues and host organizations would want to promote. but it's decentralized and disorganized enough that there is just no good place to look or good way to look for this type of thing right now.