Video: Kermit on The Tonight Show January 7, 2019

MWoO

Reaction score
It's always nice to see Kermit or any Muppet make an appearance, but why is it ALWAYS Rainbow Connection?

Perhaps with a new performer still being introduced to the public Disney is making sure to push the nostalgia button extra hard until everyone just accepts the change.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
It's always nice to see Kermit or any Muppet make an appearance, but why is it ALWAYS Rainbow Connection?

Perhaps with a new performer still being introduced to the public Disney is making sure to push the nostalgia button extra hard until everyone just accepts the change.
Rainbow Connection is the most popular Muppet song. Bein' Green would be a close second.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
My thoughts exactly!

Like, nowadays it’s just starting to become very predictable.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
The song really should be different instead of the Rainbow Connection.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Maybe that's the only song Jimmy Fallon can play? :big_grin:

MWoO

Reaction score
Rainbow Connection is the most popular Muppet song. Bein' Green would be a close second.
I know, but someone on Tough Pigs charted all the times it was performed and Jim Henson only performed it like 7 times, Steve didn't perform it at all in the first decade he was Kermit, and Matt has done it at least once every 7 weeks on average, maybe more by now. Its getting a little repetitive and making Kermit kinda one note. I only assume its because they want people to associate the new voice with what they know of as Kermit. I'd rather think Disney was smart and cunning instead of uncreative and repetitive.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Remember that time just a few weeks ago when Kermit was on James Corden and we were excited that they sung Man or Muppet for a change? Well, apparently Kermit reappeared on that show later that same month and sung Rainbow Connection, lol. And that was only a few weeks ago!

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Wasn’t it him that said he didn’t want to overuse Rainbow Connection because, the song could turn super sappy after a while.