Video: Favorite Kevin Clash Muppet Moments

mupcollector1

Reaction score
There's a clip of Richard's Elmo in "Being Elmo".

There's a clip of Brian's Elmo in here.
I couldn't see the first clip because there isn't a link but the second one Brian's Elmo I remember seeing on the A&E documentry. Before I thought that was Jerry Nelson. lol In the original "We are All Monsters" Elmo kind of sounds like the early Snuffy / deeper toned Thog. Though there was a bref clip tagged or a link to Richard Hunt's Elmo "Elmo squeak balloon, too hard" and I can say totally made my morning. lol I was just cracking up, New Yorker voiced Elmo. lol I loved it. lol The voice didn't even match Elmo. I think Richard didn't really try to come up with a high pitched voice say something like Jr. Gorg, just by watching the clip, I can totally tell that he was just hating doing this character. But still, I have Richard Hunt's voices and just hearing it with Elmo it's just so surreal to see that, it's hilarious. lol I might have mentioned this already but I just love Richard Hunt's impressions of New Yorkers like in Gonzo Presents Muppet Weird Stuff he was the voice of the unseen Landlord "YO BUZZARD BEAK? WHERE'S MA RENT MONEY!"" lol Elmo's voice was almost like that except without a Brooklyn accent.

Didn't Richard Hunt grow up in New York?

Anyway I'd love to see some more of Richard Hunt's Elmo. But of course it seems so rare to find now a days.

theSHE124

Reaction score
Excuse me for being too vague. How embarrassing! :embarrassed: I meant the University of GeorgiA. My older sister attended there, and she told me that the Library at that same Athens, GA, has a special archive for Sesame Street. Legend has it that the Archive at UGA itself has been tracking the series since the very beginning!! :eek: We can write two tons of Guides for this website with such an accumulation of SS history! :excited:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Excuse me for being too vague. How embarrassing! :embarrassed: I meant the University of GeorgiA. My older sister attended there, and she told me that the Library at that same Athens, GA, has a special archive for Sesame Street. Legend has it that the Archive at UGA itself has been tracking the series since the very beginning!! :eek: We can write two tons of Guides for this website with such an accumulation of SS history! :excited:
Wow, cool. I wonder how they started the Sesame Street Library at the University. Is the library only for students or can people of the general public also check out the Sesame Archive? Do they have viewing systems like at The Museum of Television and Radio (it's called something else now the Palacy Center, something like that. I love that museum, the #1 place I go when I visit New York)? I'd love to check that archive out someday :smile:

theSHE124

Reaction score
I dunno how exactly the SS archive can be accessed, but I know from my older sister that it's for real, and I do wanna hear from anyone who can make it there should they visit there. :smile:
I still have video tapes of Sesame Street at home. Maybe I'll find my favorite Clash moment there...:laugh:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
The University of Maryland has something like that: See here

cjd874

Reaction score
Do they have viewing systems like at The Museum of Television and Radio (it's called something else now the Palacy Center, something like that. I love that museum, the #1 place I go when I visit New York)? I'd love to check that archive out someday :smile:
Hi there, mupcollector1. This place is called the Paley Center for Media, formerly the Museum of T&R. I haven't been there for a long time, but it was fun to go there as a kid and watch classic Muppet specials (A Celebration of 30 Years and Of Muppets and Men) and even a few SS episodes (#1 and #560 stick out in my mind). There was even a Jim Henson exhibit for a while, and they had daily viewings of Muppet-themed anniversary specials. It was a great time for a young kid like me, over ten years ago.

theSHE124

Reaction score
I think I found it! My first (discovered) favorite Kevin Clash moment! It's hard to find one particularly of SS because I think Elmo became more popular after preschool when I moved with my family. :search: But looking at the Fuzzy Awards (SS video: Monster Hits), Elmo was actually significant there!
This is the best video take I can find. If you've seen it before, you've probably notice how very curious (and mischievous!) this early Elmo was when waiting for the winner! :laugh: Kevin's dub for "We're All Monsters!" [8:20] is in it, which I myself find better compared to the original (Jerry Nelson), as a treble is important in a quartet. :sing: At 9:50, also notice how Elmo has this cleverness about him when helping out to read the winner. :insatiable:

Just watched the whole video today. I've almost forgotten how amazing those songs were to me! :super: The credits mentioned something about Jim Henson as one the directors, so I guess this was one of the First Generation's last original stuff together. Henson, Hunt, Nelson, all while Kevin Clash was with them...I hope and pray that such memories will never, ever be forgotten. :cry:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I noticed Christmas Eve on Sesame was posted. I watched that special myself early this week. Classic Sesame, now that's my Sesame right there. Though I don't Kevin worked on that because Kevin didn't start until the early 1980s right with the Sesame Street Thanksgiving Parody float around the time of The Muppet Movie but then got the job on Sesame in the early mid 1980s afterwords right?
Well, recall that he did voice Buster the Horse in the earlier Forgetful Jones sketch in 1979 or 1980, but I guess that was before he was on the show full-time.

1984. His first Elmo performance was in a street scene with Luis, where Elmo was preparing for an imaginary trip. There's a clip of it in "Being Elmo".
I wondered about that too, because I have heard in the past that Kevin's first performance as :laugh: was in the episode where Big Bird introduced the adults to Mr. Snuffleupagus. I guess the one we're talking about here would probably be the same season Richard performed Elmo, just a little later on.

Yeah. I'd like to hear more of Richard's Elmo as well and Brian's, since Muppet Voice Comparisons gives some incorrect info about Brian doing Elmo in the "Me! Claudius" sketch, when in reality that was Jerry. But again, these are hard to find.

Plus since this forum is more of a tribute to Kevin, I wonder if maybe we shouldn't discuss that in a different thread or something. I don't know. Just a thought.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
One of my favorite character's he's done was Polly Lobster on Muppet Treasure Island "What an Imagination, first pirates now talking parrots, what's next a singing mouse with his own amusement park? WOO HOO!" lol

theSHE124

Reaction score
Thanks to you, Mupcollector, I discovered my second favorite Kevin Clash moment: Polly Lobster singing "I'm a Rock" on Muppet Sing Alongs. You know, the one that goes 'I'm a Rock!---A Hard Rock!' :electric:
Wanted to give you guys the clip, but there's none short enough on YouTube. :sigh: