Video: Favorite Kevin Clash Muppet Moments

mupcollector1

Reaction score
I noticed Christmas Eve on Sesame was posted. I watched that special myself early this week. Classic Sesame, now that's my Sesame right there. Though I don't Kevin worked on that because Kevin didn't start until the early 1980s right with the Sesame Street Thanksgiving Parody float around the time of The Muppet Movie but then got the job on Sesame in the early mid 1980s afterwords right?

I might have mentioned this already buy my favorite Kevin Clash characters are Leon (The Jim Henson Hour) Clifford (The Jim Henson Hour / Muppets Tonight) and Harold Handupme (Dinosaurs)

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
No, Kevin wasn't on board when CEoSS was made. He officialy became a Muppeteer in 1984.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Just curious, what was Kevin's first speaking role with The Muppets. And he did that Great Space Coster show in 1981 or something like that right? He was that yellow orange like Gorilla character right?

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Just curious, what was Kevin's first speaking role with The Muppets. And he did that Great Space Coster show in 1981 or something like that right? He was that yellow orange like Gorilla character right?
He was on "The Great Space Coaster" from 1981-1986 (you can find clips on youtube), alongside other former and future Muppet performers like Noel MacNeal, John Lovelady, Jim Martin, and Pam Arciero. Kevin's main character was Goriddle the Gorilla. He also performed one of the Huggles alongside Pam Arciero. He also performed on "Wake Up With the Captain", a continuation of "Captain Kangaroo".

I have no idea what his first Muppet speaking role was, but Hoots the Owl and Dr. Nobel Price were among his earliest characters.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
What year did Kevin first perform Elmo? I know it must have been during the 1980s. Was the sketches with Kermit and Elmo the first sketches with Elmo? I've always enjoyed the early Elmo the best in my opinion. He had a big of a brooklyn assect when he would say hi Big Byoid. lol Even Oscar had a bit of a Brooklyn accent in his early years as well.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
What year did Kevin first perform Elmo? I know it must have been during the 1980s. Was the sketches with Kermit and Elmo the first sketches with Elmo? I've always enjoyed the early Elmo the best in my opinion. He had a big of a brooklyn assect when he would say hi Big Byoid. lol Even Oscar had a bit of a Brooklyn accent in his early years as well.
1984. His first Elmo performance was in a street scene with Luis, where Elmo was preparing for an imaginary trip. There's a clip of it in "Being Elmo".

Richard Hunt was Elmo's previous performer for about a year, but he simply didn't like the little red guy.

Hunt (and Brian Muehl) portrayed Elmo as sort of a caveman-type monster (which is where Elmo got the third-person thing from), but Kevin was the one who really made Elmo the character we're all familiar with.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
1984. His first Elmo performance was in a street scene with Luis, where Elmo was preparing for an imaginary trip. There's a clip of it in "Being Elmo".

Richard Hunt was Elmo's previous performer for about a year, but he simply didn't like the little red guy.

Hunt (and Brian Muehl) portrayed Elmo as sort of a caveman-type monster (which is where Elmo got the third-person thing from), but Kevin was the one who really made Elmo the character we're all familiar with.
I remember hearing about Richard Hunt performing Elmo and Brian Muehl but I thought it was just a one time sketch since he was basically a background Muppet for many years. The only footage I've seen of Elmo before Kevin was the Monsterpiece Theater Roman sketch which I think it was Jerry Nelson or Brain Muehl who performed Elmo in that and the original undubbed We Are All Monsters song.

Did anyone post any videos of Elmo before Kevin Clash on youtube? I'm just curious what Richard Hunt's Elmo voice sounds like as well as Brain Muehl. I can reconize their voices very quickly if I hear them but just can't picture Richard Hunt as Elmo. I know I would just laugh like crazy to hear Elmo with Richard Hunt's famous New Yorker voices that he does from time to time. lol But anyway, I'd love to see some video clips if anyone knows if there's any surviving footage from the reruins of those episodes. Though when I mean surviving, I mean if anyone taped them back in the 1980s because just how fast Elmo's popularity came, I'm sure a lot of the old footage like that probably never reran afterwords so it won't cause confusion. Then again, I don't know. Perhaps Noggin reran them.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I remember hearing about Richard Hunt performing Elmo and Brian Muehl but I thought it was just a one time sketch since he was basically a background Muppet for many years. The only footage I've seen of Elmo before Kevin was the Monsterpiece Theater Roman sketch which I think it was Jerry Nelson or Brain Muehl who performed Elmo in that and the original undubbed We Are All Monsters song.

Did anyone post any videos of Elmo before Kevin Clash on youtube? I'm just curious what Richard Hunt's Elmo voice sounds like as well as Brain Muehl. I can reconize their voices very quickly if I hear them but just can't picture Richard Hunt as Elmo. I know I would just laugh like crazy to hear Elmo with Richard Hunt's famous New Yorker voices that he does from time to time. lol But anyway, I'd love to see some video clips if anyone knows if there's any surviving footage from the reruins of those episodes. Though when I mean surviving, I mean if anyone taped them back in the 1980s because just how fast Elmo's popularity came, I'm sure a lot of the old footage like that probably never reran afterwords so it won't cause confusion. Then again, I don't know. Perhaps Noggin reran them.
There's a clip of Richard's Elmo in "Being Elmo".

There's a clip of Brian's Elmo in here.

theSHE124

Reaction score
Nice Muppet evolution video, Mo! Definitely shows its history. :wisdom: I'm not sure what my favorite Clash moment is, but I'll try to search for which one means to me the most! And about the possible SS footages, Mupcollector, UGA might help you with the answer...:search:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
Nice Muppet evolution video, Mo! Definitely shows its history. :wisdom: I'm not sure what my favorite Clash moment is, but I'll try to search for which one means to me the most! And about the possible SS footages, Mupcollector, UGA might help you with the answer...:search:
UGA? What's that?