Video editing question.

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I've been posting puppet videos at my myspace website blog on occasion (you can click below if you want to check it out). Anyways up until now I've just been posting small clips. My camera records in quicktime so it works ok for little video snippets. Anyways I've started editing my videos with movie editor (I did a small political comercial in my most recent blog). Anyways the problem is that I had to convert the file of the movie clips so I could use movie editor and it looks a little choppy. Does anybody know of a free downloadable program that lets you edit quicktime videos the way Movie editor works? Thanks for the help.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
If you're working on PC (editing is horrible on the PC) try Adobe Elements which is pretty cheap. There's also AVID Free DV which is free but complicated to learn and WAX.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I don't have any trouble editing on a PC, but you have to have a very fast processor and a lot of memory. A friend of mine who has the same program, but a slightly slower computer has all sorts of problems, like the computer loses its mind when it tries to playback an edit. It goes out of sync and jerks. When you output it, it's fine, but you can't play it back... which does make it nearly impossible to do accurate edits.

:stick_out_tongue:

dkmontgomery

Reaction score
Making Puppet Videos?

Hi! I have been reading some input on the puppet videos on youtube, ect. What would be a good program for computer for someone to start with if they wanted to start their own puppet videos?:rolleyes:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
You could just start with either Windows Moviemaker (PC) or iMovie (Mac). They both cover the basics.