Video: "A Note to Self" with Kermit the Frog from CBS This Morning September 12, 2014

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
You know, I usually wince with disgust whenever Kermit is portrayed as being too mushy and sweet, but this is just adorable!

Actually, I think the word I'm looking for is nostalgic. After all, how else would you feel while writing a letter to your tadpole self?

Somehow seeing Kermit in a park just seems very fitting....despite all the people staring at a grown man wheeling along on a stool following a camera while performing...

Lucky people!

Anyway, not only is there a mention of Sam and Friends, but there is also....well, why don't you just click on the link and watch for yourself?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/kermit-the-frogs-note-to-self/

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I really loved that video, especially since it is the closest TMS will ever get to being on TV again, but really the motage of clips, and the touching note really made this a really great video.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
This is one reason why I have been a fan of the Muppets for so long. Kermit here made me laugh and cry and laugh again. He was charming loving and mournful of the loss of Jim,but was able to smile about his memory of him.
Steve did an excellent job and the puppetry was top notch as always.
This is the kind of writing with the depth and emotion that we need to see more of.

Well Done!

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
This is one reason why I have been a fan of the Muppets for so long. Kermit here made me laugh and cry and laugh again. He was charming loving and mournful of the loss of Jim,but was able to smile about his memory of him.
Steve did an excellent job and the puppetry was top notch as always.
This is the kind of writing with the depth and emotion that we need to see more of.

Well Done!
Could not have said it better myself!

What I would really like to know is who actually wrote the letter. A huge part of me wants it to be Steve, but it's probably just a hired writer. Could be Jim Lewis- you never know!

Just adding to what you said, dwayne1115, it seemed to me that Steve was speaking out of his own experiences when Kermit mentioned Jim- it was very emotive and sweet!

I'm just glad that I'm not the only one who finished the video in tears.

zns

Reaction score
This is a brilliantly made video. What exactly was it made for?:smile::smile::smile:

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Wow Disney, so the only two TMS clips you include are from seasons 4 and 5 yet they still have not been released on DVD, seriously?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Is this a regular thing on CBS This Morning? Recently I saw a clip from an appearance Art Garfunkle made on a show (which I can't remember whether it was CBS This Morning or a different show) where he wrote a letter to his past self. Could there be other celebrities who have done the same thing?

It looks like The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years was the main source production used in showing clips. While this appearance didn't include clips from any of the specials linking footage, most of the clips are clips that were chosen for that special (and even including a caption for an appearance on The Cher Show), some back-to-back as they appeared in montages. Though there were some pre-1986 clips included that weren't in the special. There's footage from all of the first three movies that weren't all in the special, and although that Carol Burnett clip is in the opening montage, this appearance includes more of that clip (including audio from it).

Wow Disney, so the only two TMS clips you include are from seasons 4 and 5 yet they still have not been released on DVD, seriously?
Was that Disney's doing, or did the people in charge of the show get to pick what clips to use? I thought that this was the kind of show that doesn't need permission/clearances to use copyrighted clips (I might be wrong on that, though).