Victory is Ours!

Luke

Reaction score
Well the whole anniversary and Muppetfest is something to be thankful of EMTV for - they could certainly have put a stop to JHC spending money and if the company would have stayed under the control of the kids, it may well have run into so many problems that they would have had trouble funding those things - i guess we'll never know. Europe did get a very visible push though. Brian's a seasoned TV Industry guy, he's worked in it for so many years he probably just saw it as a great business deal and took the money - same for Lisa. Although obviously the whole family thing comes into it and must have been hard but kids properties get bought and sold all the time without major problems, i guess they just didn't think that their dads business would be treated that way and with EMTV in such a strong position at the time there wasn't any indication it would be although they did write things into the contract. I think this whole episode can be put down to circumstances, there wasn't anything vindictive going on. In fact the Henson kids made money, EMTV ended up making money, and both EMTV/JHC made money from all the projects/campaigns they launched throughout the years so all in all, things actually worked out for the best and allowed the kids the opportunity to regain control - although the company and Muppet brand could have done without the hassle and trouble. I expect it's put a lot of undue stress and pressure on Charlie Rivkin.

Brian Henson when he stepped down as Chairman retained an office/base at the studios. It's just a business name to put all his own independent projects through - i have one myself too actually for my freelance work. You have to because of tax and personal liability if you go bust. I guess the only difference is now he won't need to put the Henson projects through it because he already part owns that company and he won't need to pay any rent either if he was before.

beaker

Reaction score
Well we have Luke to thank for sobering us up, heh.
No, I realize EMTV put in place some cool stuff, got wheels in motion...but man, they sold off Sesame from JHC, and NOW I get corrected by people on here when I call Sesame JHC, or elude to working with JHC. Sesame was, is, and will *always* be JHC related and Muppets.

Anyways, its more fun to call EMTV and Disney the enemy...I think hardcore Muppet buffs wouldnt have it any other way.

If Muppetfest, 25th annv(which is still going strong) etc is was EMTV's doing, cool. But again...

The Muppets are back home...so all I can say is lets take it from there and hope for the best.

JamieDenny

Reaction score
Well Mickey and Kermit may have wanted it but it seems the Henson kids didn't *laughs his head off at certain absent board memebers*

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I just hope this won't be a repeat of the 90s. It's good the crazy EMTV people are gone, but this whole thing just seems to have gone full circle. Now is when the real work begins. :concern:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
let's hope there are people willing to do that hard work!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Well I mean we are living it up now, there has been some major changes already, look at all the great products we have been seeing!!! action figures, busts, Muppet monoploy, classic Muppet music and more! plus there have been many Mc Donalds/starbucks/jack in the box promontions agoing on around the world, we got a really nice Christmas movie last year, with classic Muppets in a classic theather, new voices have been issued so Piggy/Fozzie aren't always left behind, new DVD's of classic stuff is coming are way....I'd say lots have been happeing for the past few years! Live it up now!

I mean before all this we just had a Muppet movie every 3/4 years a show that got quicky cancled, and a very un-classic Muppet classic tales video....Pepe was the best thing that happend!!! with some room for a few other charcters.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
That is great news! I thought Henson bought the comany back a while ago, is this just to signify that it is officially owned by henson now?

Sorry If I sound stupid! :smile:

Luke

Reaction score
BoyRaisin2 said:
Well, actually...I dunno.
Exactly, it's Mickey who didn't want the Muppets - his loss though !

.... and to the previous poster, no Henson didn't buy the company back a while ago, they just signed an agreement to do it. That agreement has only just been approved and the money and ownership changed hands.