"Very Merry" Hallmark ending

Stulz

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice that during the ending credits right when fozzie's singing it cuts to black credits.. even though they shrunk them down you could still see the edit.

This is the same spot where NBC cut to promo's as well.. I wonder if the video and DVD will be cut in this way too. It should show piggy singing, pan upward to the sky, THEN fade to black.
I saw an early cut, but i don't think they would cut that out when they don't have the time restraints like they do on TV.

For those of you who bought the VHS from NBC when you get them check it out and see if the ending is longer..

EmmyMik

Reaction score
My mom bought the tape for me and at the end, it goes black durning Fozzie's line and the credits roll (you can still hear them sing)...

Stulz

Reaction score
Strange?

I guess they were too lazy to edit the video edition different from the TV version. it's just such an abrupt ending during a soft song.. just feels strange for it to end that way.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Stulz,

Hey,
That happened when it aired over here too, I also thought it was strange.

And told my Mum that it would look much better staying on Fozzie, Then Piggy then showing a group shot and fading to black !

See ya

Stulz

Reaction score
ending

Yeah, in rough cut I saw that was how it ended

They saty on fozzie, then Piggy, group shot, then pan up the theater where it reads "Merry Christmas from the Muppets" on the Marquee, then fade to black.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I just watched and taped the christmas specail again on Halmark last night at 1:00 AM, the only reason i did it was because i thought they would show the ending that NBC cut, but they shrink the screen to show ad's making it even worse but on top of it they still don't show the part, so the NBC copy is better, plus it has Muppet Master card ads.

lets all hope the DVD is full of great Muppet junk! (junk meaning good stuff) too bad the video is like that too though, i was going to buy it only because i thougth they would show the whole endding.

Zack)Rowlf the, Snowman narrator?!? We don't have no snowman narrator!! Dog.

sidcrowe

Reaction score
Watched the special again today before probably erasing. The monitor in Heaven is based on a Mac product. Apples rule :big_grin:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zack the Dog
so the NBC copy is better, plus it has Muppet Master card ads.

that's when i recorded mine(on NBC i don't have cable)...i'll buy a DVD if one releases, but i am NOT paying for a tape....i don't pay for cd's either i guess i am either smart or cheap take your pick!-Sarah

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Sid

Apple probably threw in a few free monitors. They seem to need the advertising and I hope it helps them along a little. :wink:

Just had to say it.