Verizon phones with custom ringtone options?

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I've had the same phone for about 4 or 5 years now, and am looking for a change. Basically, I want a phone where I can put my own personal ringtones on it, and not have to go to a special store and pay for midi-like quality and/or be stuck with what the company makes available.

For instance, if I have an mp3 of the Muppet Show opening on my computer and want to use it, I could then refer to a special program and transfer it to my cellphone somehow. I'm not really sure how it works and I'm not cellphone saavy, but I really want the option.

Is there anyone else here who uses Verizon and has a phone that can do this? Their website doesn't help at all.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
well, I can make a temporary suggestion for the time being. most phones have the option of recording an audio, like your voice. sometimes they save these recordings under "ringtones" and youcan set whatever you recorded as a ringtone. I have done this a few times. If done right, you can get it to sound pretty good, but most of the time it sounds...screachy. Since you are recording it through an external microphone on the phone itself I guess it cant pick up certain sounds good.

Its not the greatest but its an option if your phone has the cababilities until you actually find what your needing

geissler2

Reaction score
I'm looking too, and have the same issue. It doesn't help that I am tech challenged though. I would really love Mahna Mahna as my ringback, and I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i have verizon and for all my ringtones i just use phone zoo...its free and you can make tones out of any mp3 you want