vBulletin 3.0 Beta: Questions and Answers

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The "View New Posts" button on the Flash menu should be working for everyone now.

Luke

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
It shouldn't take long now. Phillip was waiting on me to fix the problem. The new (same-looking) menu will be up shortly with the correct linkage for the button. :smile:
Y'see this is the problem we are gonna have a lot now, people replying to people for no reason because the generic 'reply' button is way over on the left and out of the way.

Thanks for illustrating that for me FB ! :stick_out_tongue:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Luke said:
Y'see this is the problem we are gonna have a lot now, people replying to people for no reason because the generic 'reply' button is way over on the left and out of the way.

Thanks for illustrating that for me FB ! :stick_out_tongue:
No problem. Keep in mind that the forum is still a work in progress. There's still some fine-tuning. :zany:

By the way, nobody noticed the difference in the menu. It now flows out from the center. Just thought I'd bug with it since I had to swap the link. :concern:

scarecroe

Reaction score
Why is there an IMG icon if we can't post images?

scarecroe

Reaction score
And how come I'm not taken directly to my post after I submit it?

scarecroe

Reaction score
And what's a usergroup?

(sorry I didn't group all these Qs together... they came to me at different times)

Chilly Down

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
By the way, nobody noticed the difference in the menu. It now flows out from the center. Just thought I'd bug with it since I had to swap the link. :concern:
Tres cool!

I also like that the smileys got shuffled around. It looked like we had a whole new set there for a minute! :zany:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What do these buttons do?

The five buttons in the top right corner are all temporary buttons. They will eventually be replaced with different graphics. If you hover your mouse over them, you should see text describing what they do (at least on IE anyway).

Why is there an IMG icon if we can't post images?

This has always been an option, but it is turned off.

And how come I'm not taken directly to my post after I submit it?

This is a difference in design with vBulletin 3.0.

And what's a usergroup?

Right now there are different groups like Junior Members, Members, and Senior Members. What makes these different is the number of posts you have. Usergroups are special groups regardless of post count that can be assigned to members for a lot of reasons. Each usergroup can have different forum privileges.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Re: vBulletin 3.0 Beta 3: Questions and Answers

Phillip Chapman said:
And what's a usergroup?

Right now there are different groups like Junior Members, Members, and Senior Members. What makes these different is the number of posts you have. Usergroups are special groups regardless of post count that can be assigned to members for a lot of reasons. Each usergroup can have different forum privileges.
But we don't have any, right? Usergroups that is.

Bea:zany:{slowly getting used to this new design}regard