Varient Floyd Found!

GWGumby

Reaction score
Originally posted by kmcphoto
Why order a case when beans.com has it for less then half the price. It will be real easy to find the regular Floyd.
What site are you talking about? I typed in beans.com and got something that didn't look anything like a toy company.

Luke

Reaction score
www.beanstoys.com is the link - i guess the whole point of doing chase figures kinda lessens with the idea that either the fans will find it easy to get or they'll get rooked by the greedy comic store.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
It's always somethin', ain't it?
Thats it buster, needless to say, there'll be no sax solo's over at MY house next year ! LOL ! Just kiddin .... :big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
Well if the "It's always something ain't it ?" comment was aimed at me - i was just giving you a gentle nudge in the direction of the great comments i had just made about your Zoot figure. I call it like I see it .......... saying that, it's 4am here and i don't get the joke now either, told ya - it's the meds tonight !

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Oh I didn't get it at all...I just meant that thing about the variant...not at you specifically but you pointed out something valid. You make it hard to chase, you cheese people. You make it easy to chase, you cheese people. Basically, it's one big CHEESE fest...WOO-HOO!

Now where's my waffle...?

kansasteen14

Reaction score
personally I could care less about the chase figure.I want all the figs in their regular outfits,of course I have gotten some exclusives but I rather just get the reg while everyone else is looking for the chase figure.but if I do see the chase figure 10 to 1 I will pick it up.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
You make it hard to chase, you cheese people. You make it easy to chase, you cheese people. Basically, it's one big CHEESE fest...WOO-HOO!
Nah - i think you are doing pretty good, at least Rizzo would be proud ! :wink:

Reaction score
Hello all...
Just was introduced to the board this morning, so I thought I would chime in on this thread (and try to stop by from time to time)....when we started preselling the series 2 cases and sets of 4 back in Feb, we were not aware there would be a variant (Floyd) figure. We presold cases at $89.99 for those that wanted multiple sets at a better than average retail price (maybe to open, leave one MOC, extras for kids, etc) and sets of 4 at $35.96. I know that all 3 of my kids each have their own set opened and played with, so the case route is beneficial to some.

To be fair to all that have already preordered these past months (before a variant was announced), we will, of course, randomly ship variant Floyds to every third preorder of the sets (assuming we get one variant per case, and three sets per case, every 3rd order will be shipped a set with the variant).

Just to clarify, we did not presell a case to "force" a customer to buy a whole case just to get a variant for reasons stated above (in fact, even now, there is still no mention of variant on our site). And we will not charge Premium prices to our customers just to get a chase figure or set with a chase figure (we don't like the idea of chase figures, anyway).

The whole idea of a chase figure, in our opinion, is really designed to get retailers to order more product from a manufacturer, in hopes of increasing sales, but, in reality, we feel it hurts the collector (the "completists") when they are not able to locate a chase figure, or at least do so at retail prices (Can anyone say "Playmates 1701" Fiasco)...

I have told any customer of ours that will listen, that I think the Muppets series 1 set should be the "toy/collectible of the year"...hands down, in our opinion the best produced (in overall terms of packaging, painting opps of the figures, stunning realism, value, accessories etc) figures so far...I just hope Palisades can build on the momentum that series 1 has established.
Rick, www.newforcecomics.com