Upcoming BAM Event for SST's 40th in December

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Apparently there's supposed to be an upcoming screening/panel at BAM in Brooklyn, NY in affiliation with the Jim Henson Legacy coming up the weekend of December 12th and 13th to commemorate Sesame's 40th anniversary. There's going to be screenings of rare material, a possible guest panel all hosted by Craig Shemin. Stay tuned to BAM.org and other sites for information.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Thanks for disappointing me!

When you mentioned BAM, I was hoping the entire chain was going to be doing this, but when I saw once again this is only happening in Brooklyn... fiddlesticks...

But then again, I guess I can't complain... after all, four years ago, the Tennessee Art Museum had a special exhibit in honor of Jim Henson's legacy that I got to attend... it was basically a small projection room where various Henson show were played, but it was still pretty cool... the woman who ran the exhibit even recommended Muppet Central to fans.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
And yet very fortunate for me!

EDIT: Oh cool! 3, 000 posts!

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
A quick Google search reveals they are showing:
The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland
Big Bird in China
Christmas Eve on Sesame Street (and other Holiday Gifts)
Follow That Bird
Jim Henson & Friends: Inside the Sesame Street Vault
Sesame Street at 40: Milestones on the Street
Sesame Street Film Festival
Abby in Wonderland
Sing! The Music of Sesame Street
The World According to Sesame Street

Some of those sound a bit exciting, I may go to this.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Fenwick's god said:
And yet very fortunate for me!
Yeah, thanks fer stickin' it! :stick_out_tongue:

It all makes sense though, after all, Sesame Workshop and everything's in NYC, the show's shot in Queens... with today's economy, they'd be losing money if they had special events like this across the entire country.

At least I can still say I got to see "Susan" when she came to my school in Grade 6, that was pretty cool.

zns

Reaction score
Big Bird in China
Follow That Bird
Abby in Wonderland

The "Jim Henson & Friends: Inside the Sesame Street Vault" sounds very intriguing. Anyone who goes to the event please provide some details about what went on. Thanks you. :smile:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Big Bird in China
Follow That Bird
Abby in Wonderland

Hmmm, I'm most interested in the SST at 40 and the Sesame vault ones. I think the film festival could be the 4D show from Busch Gardens and other places.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Even though I live out of town and likely won't be attending (unless pigs fly, the identity of the original Gordon is revealed, and Bruno gets rebuilt), it is a shame that the event won't include rare stuff like the four test pilots not available on DVD, Out to Lunch, and some rare non-Noggin episodes from the first few seasons (heck, a screening of the hawaii episodes, all uncut, would be cool).

It would be cool if the compilations were to be released on DVD, iTunes, or Hulu some day.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Thanks for disappointing me!

When you mentioned BAM, I was hoping the entire chain was going to be doing this, but when I saw once again this is only happening in Brooklyn... fiddlesticks...

But then again, I guess I can't complain... after all, four years ago, the Tennessee Art Museum had a special exhibit in honor of Jim Henson's legacy that I got to attend... it was basically a small projection room where various Henson show were played, but it was still pretty cool... the woman who ran the exhibit even recommended Muppet Central to fans.
Sorry D'Snowth. If it makes you feel any better I've missed several of the local things at BAM in recent years including one with the late great Jerry Juhl :frown:

ploobis

Reaction score
Apparently there's supposed to be an upcoming screening/panel at BAM in Brooklyn, NY in affiliation with the Jim Henson Legacy coming up the weekend of December 12th and 13th to commemorate Sesame's 40th anniversary. There's going to be screenings of rare material, a possible guest panel all hosted by Craig Shemin. Stay tuned to BAM.org and other sites for information.
Let me know when you see more info about this. I might not be able to go because of the Holidays coming by soon, But I still would like to know everything I can about this event.

Thank You, :smile:

Ploobis