Unpainted Series 2 pix

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Yeah, wow, that's a big difference on Floyd's mustache! The pic of Floyd is a good closeup, and you can see the packaged "PPS sample" of Floyd in the background which wasn't approved, signed by Ken Lilly. *Sigh* I would have loved to bid on that disapproved PPS set they auctioned off.

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
It really, really bugs me that they made Floyd right handed. I know Ken said they had no reference from Henson, so they decided to make Floyd a righty and Janice a lefty, to give the band and the Mayhem playset balance. But every episode that I've watched has Floyd playing lefty, while Janice has flipped back and forth. Everytime I watch a Muppet Show episode and see Floyd play his guitar, all I can think about is the figs inaccuracy. Maybe that'll help me get over it now. :frown:

Lorde Pompeo

Reaction score
That means that the unpainted versions are going to be released instead of te painted ones? I prefer Unpainted Floyd's Mustache...

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Yes, the unpainted version should be the approved release. If you look at the picture, Ken has signed "Lilly" and disapproved the packaged sample. Also, the unpainted prototype morea accurately represents the picture of the Floyd puppet, so I'm sure it was easy for Palisades/Henson to order the reworking of the figure.

Jackie

Reaction score
So does that mean Floyd will be left handed? I love Floyd! :smile:

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Nope, no change there. Floyd is a righty and Janice is a lefty. Done deal. :frown:

CheckChuck

Reaction score
left-right

I once read or heard why the band members were all left-handed on the show, but I don't remember the explanation. Does anybody know?

Otherwise all the musical and musician detail on the Muppet Show was dead-on...

Jackie

Reaction score
They are left handed because the Puppeteers are right handed and their right hand is in the muppet head so they use their left hand to work things like instruments and such :smile: