Universal Studios Wizarding World Expansion

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Just read an article where they announce that the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Universal Studios Florida will be expanding and most probably opened in 2014. While the Hogsmead Village and Hogwarts area will remain in Universal's Illands of Adventure, Universal Studios proper will now host the Diagon Alley/London setting. The main feature will be a Greengutz Wizarding Bank roller coaster-type ride which I thought should be the first option. Admission for both areas will be separate tickets, though you can upgrade to get admission to both once in one of the two areas. And the best part? To get from Diagon Alley to Hogwarts, visitors will ride aboard the scarlet train known as the Hogwarts Express!

My main questions are... Will there be in-universe specific shops like Florian Fortesquo's Ice Cream Parlor or Flourish and Blotts' Bookstore or even Olivander's Wand Shop? And will this lead to further expansion to add Nocturn Alley? *Explodes with :fanatic: excitement for hopefully going there someday.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Just read an article where they announce that the Wizarding World of Harry Potter in Universal Studios Florida will be expanding and most probably opened in 2014. While the Hogsmead Village and Hogwarts area will remain in Universal's Illands of Adventure, Universal Studios proper will now host the Diagon Alley/London setting. The main feature will be a Greengutz Wizarding Bank roller coaster-type ride which I thought should be the first option. Admission for both areas will be separate tickets, though you can upgrade to get admission to both once in one of the two areas. And the best part? To get from Diagon Alley to Hogwarts, visitors will ride aboard the scarlet train known as the Hogwarts Express!

My main questions are... Will there be in-universe specific shops like Florian Fortesquo's Ice Cream Parlor or Flourish and Blotts' Bookstore or even Olivander's Wand Shop? And will this lead to further expansion to add Nocturn Alley? *Explodes with :fanatic: excitement for hopefully going there someday.
Go there sometime Count...oh definently add Nocturn Alley! The cool thing is even the bathrooms have Myrtle's voice! Definently worth your time if you ever go.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I wasn't sure to post about this in the forum or not. I saw the article this morning.
I am major excited about it! I'm still kinda annoyed about the fact that you HAVE to buy two tickets to see all of it, but a brilliant idea on their part, since they figure most people will want to get the full experience.

To answer your question Ed, YES! They will have all the in-universe shops, if you look closely at the artwork plans for the new area, you'll see Weasly Wizard Weezes and Florish and Blotts'. Although, I'm unsure about Ollivander's, since they already made an Ollivander's in the WWHP in Island's of Adventure.
Here's some artwork, courtesy of Inside The Magic (you can read the full article below.) I like the dragon on top of the building. I just hope there'll be more than just one ride in the new area.

Wizarding World of Harry Potter- Diagon Alley announced for Universal Orlando for 2014 with Hogwarts Express, Gringotts ride