Under the Mistletoe

We Got Us

Reaction score
Wow.....that was beautiful. Did you really write that poem Figgie? It was amazing!! I had to watch my littlest sister alone tonight, so I did the easy fix: some root-bear and The Muppet Movie on VHS. Gorgeous stuff. (Rainbow Connection never fails to bring tears into my eyes) Seeing Kermit and Piggy young and in love is so amazing: their story is an awesome one and you write it perfectly! And about your art, while poor Wigitus is still struggling to be a writer her artistic side has been dragged through the dirt, and I'm afraid I'm not much on paints but I will try my bestest to whip a little something for Figgie's challenge :smile: Don't expect to be impressed though! :wink:

We Got Us

Reaction score
Thank you all!! I think I have enough energy to write one more chapter would you all like that? Wigitus, I know you're out there on the forum, so Answer my question. Oh and I think Henry is fantastic!! Can his whole name me Henry James Kristoferson? Mouthful, I know.:big_grin:
P.S. Figgie, I LOVE mouthful names! Mine is a mouthful too :stick_out_tongue:

We Got Us

Reaction score
Here Figgie, I know it's 12:52, but since your sick tomorrow I want you to wake up to something happy so...that she blows, my wimpy little chapter. I hope you like her...and I plan on doing great things with you and Henry James Kristoferson. (just Henry for now, his mouthful name will be said later) hope you like! And I hope someone reviews! Boy, that'd be nice!

CHAPTER THREE

As Henry watched Alison, his strong hands holding the box of props began to slip. He was caught where he was. A million show-girls came by a week: with long adjustable hair in pristine perfect colors and bright eyes, in their flashy outfits. Them he was somehow used to. But her...he had never seen her before, and now he could not make his eyes look away. He watched as her face flushed with color on the chorus, watched her gray-blue eyes light up as her angelic voiced soared through the old building. Watched her flip her auburn hair around her back and smile as she was joined for the last verse. He hardly noticed Beauregard tap his shoulder.
“Here,” The empty-headed janitor handed him a box of junk.
“What are those for?” Asked Henry, trying hard to pay attention to his boss.
“Well we need those ones your holding, but if you want some so bad--”
Henry looked down and realized his hands were clutching the box so that his knuckles had turned white. He chuckled, wondering whether Beau was trying to be funny or sincerely helpful. The latter was much more likely.
“Hey, Beau-who is that singing?
Beauregard blinked confusedly. “Which one?”
“The girl Beau, I've never seen her before.”
“Oh—that's a girl. She sings.”
Henry smiled at him hopelessly. “Thanks a lot Beauregard.”
“Your welcome! Want to keep those props?”
“Uhm...no, no. In fact, will you take these for me? I have to find Scooter.”

“We have seven cots in the prop closet,” The go-fer was saying. “But one of them Hilda cut up to make spare costumes: Gonzo volunteered to sleep on what's left though.”
“Problem is, where do we put them?” Kermit asked, observing the crammed hallways with extras and Muppets and cots and suitcases clogging the works.
Fozzie came up the back stairs. “The band says they'll share the basement.”
“Yeah, except with the pig. Never with the pig.” Floyd yelled up after him.
“I HEARD that you dirty tree-hugger!” Miss Piggy flounced down the stairs in an obvious huff. “Kermie! I cannot, repeat, cannot share a dressing room with Sweetums!”
“Oh boy. Piggie, we talked about this...”
"Hey Kerm, Gonzo's taking apart one of the stage lights. Says he's gonna make an electric blanket or something.”
“What?! Well stop him!”
“Kermit? How on earth am I supposed to rehearse with half of the theater sleeping in the orchestra pit?”
“Don't worry about that tonight Nigel. Just get some sleep.”
“Uhm, like Kermit? Like you know that glass nativity scene, you know? Well like, I think Animal ate one of the wise men.”
“Well...well...Have someone start making another one!”
“Mir cooun meke-a oone-a veet sume-a duoogh!”
“Kermit, if I were to sleep in the cannon on stage five, do you think you could keep Crazy Harry away for the night?”
“Hey frog, the other rat's and I have decided we'll be taking the fridge tonight, considering it's probably warmer in there than the rest of the house...”
“Si, and me with jou, hokey?”
A chorus of “Kermit”'s were echoing from almost every side of the theater. As the man-in-control, the poor, small green leader suddenly felt like he was in the midst of an angry see of tired, cold, busy Muppets.
“Alright, that's enough!” He managed to get their attention, his voice cracking in the process. “Now listen everybody, I know it's not what we're used to, and I know it's not the easiest situation and I know it's not the best. But we canhandle it if we all try pitching in and co-operating with each other instead of all serving our own needs, OK?” There were murmured agreements. Muppets shuffled off in various directions. Kermit could placate them for now, but he knew motivational speeches weren't going to solve all off their problems: problems which were numerous and seemed to be multiplying by the minute. The drafty old theater was freezing cold, and no amount of coaxing and begging and pleading could convince Scooter's uncle to do anything about it. There wasn't enough space—people were crammed in nearly seven to a room in some places. Not to mention: the theater wasn't home. Familiar and sentimental it was: cozy and accommodating it was not. In one day they had lost their residence of ten years. He tried not to let that bother him, tried not to think about the randomness of it all. It wasn't the first time life had shown him it's easy come, easy go policy the hard way. And he had learned how to cope: That was half of life. The other half was learning how to enjoy yourself while you did so. That part wasn't always so easy.

Scooter was trying hard to concentrate on his clipboard, ignoring his exhaustion, just like everyone else: when the tall, dark haired whatnot-stagehand ran up to him.
“Scooter?” He panted.
“Oh, hey...erm...”
“Henry.”
“Oh right. What can I do for you Henry? Tell me there's not another problem with the props--” “No, no problem. Uhm...can you tell me...what the name of that girl that uhm, was singing just now was?”
Scooter looked at him a little blankly. In reality he was thinking, but Henry suddenly felt extremely uncomfortable under his gaze.
“I've just...never seen her before. And you know, I want to get to know you people...now that I'm working here.”
“The one who's booked on the show next week?” Asked Scooter consulting his clipboard.
“I don't know...she has dark red hair and gray eyes, and she was singing the solo just now.” He blurted out.
“Yeah, well her name is Alice. Alice Dove. She's on the Christmas program.”
“Ok. Well—-thanks Scooter.”
Scooter gave him a knowing smile. “Your welcome. Want me to introduce you?”
“N-no, no thanks. I've...gotta get those wreathes set up. Thanks—anyway.”
He hurried off, wondering why the freezing cold theater suddenly felt so warm.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Great updates, on both of your stories

Might I suggest starting We Got Us' story in a separate thread so the two storylines don't get confused here- They are both really good stories and both deserve a separate thread.

BBF- The poem/song was lovely- you captured Kermit's emotion and romantice turmoil with Piggy very well- glad to see that Kermit wants to turn over a new leaf
Very well done!

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
:smile:Thanks to both of you!!! My cold is a little better, I just can't wait for the two week Christmas break! Yoo Hoo!!! So yeah. i love your awsome story, Wigitus!! Oh, Henry!!! The reason I wanted his middle name to be James, that was My grandpa's name, i never knew him. He died when my mom was 4.... So yeah in a way, you dedicated that to my grandpa. Love both of you! yeah I came up with the poem/Song.... :sing:

We Got Us

Reaction score
:smile:Thanks to both of you!!! My cold is a little better, I just can't wait for the two week Christmas break! Yoo Hoo!!! So yeah. i love your awsome story, Wigitus!! Oh, Henry!!! The reason I wanted his middle name to be James, that was My grandpa's name, i never knew him. He died when my mom was 4.... So yeah in a way, you dedicated that to my grandpa. Love both of you! yeah I came up with the poem/Song.... :sing:
Weelcome Figgie! I might start this in a new thread if you think it would help the flow of story, but I leave it entirely up to you. And guess what: I'm getting my learner's permit today! WHOOHOO! I'm totally late on it though, which means I'll be an ancient 17-year-old before I get the license. Can you believe that? Dumb Georgie driving law. Also, I'm going to apply for a job at the Tivoli theater soon. My Dad was naming off things I might be able to do, and when he said 'go-fer' I spit my coffee out! That would be an awesome job, although I'll probably end up at concession :stick_out_tongue:. Anyway, I'm happy to have (abiet, unwittingly) dedicated that to your Grandpa. And I loved your song. I'm working on a wedding-dress sketch at the moment, so hopefully it will be up soon. As Scooter once said, It's: "Nothing yet, to make the folks write home..." :wink:

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Again, it is your story... Also, I messed up when I talked about dedicating the story. What I meant to say was: I would like to dedicate the middle name to my grandfather. So the story is yours, you can dedicate it to whoever you choose. Sorry I didn't make that clear...:embarrassed: Darn Cold medicine!!:mad::wink:
And Congrats on the new job!!! I could totally see you as a go-fer...!:smile:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------------------
Um...yes, please, We Got Us: start a separate thread for your own fic. It's good, but it is extremely distracting to have two different fics going on in the thread which was intended for one. Not a criticism. Just asking you to please make your own, separate thread for a separate story. Now, if you two were tag-teaming a single story, that'd be different! Glad to see more new writers here, but please, can we keep it all easy to follow? Thank you! :smile:

To Figgie: Fun! Enjoyed the shopping-for-weddingwear by both Piggy and Kermit. Glad Piggy and Annie Sue made up and are having fun shopping together. And your getting-serious flirtation between Scooter and Lonnie is very sweet. I don't know that either of them could be sure of it being "true love" that fast -- they've only just started going out! But young love is often like that; it's such a rush. :wink:

Did you write Kermit's song? How lovely. Glad he realizes he's been insensitive too often and should turn over a new lily pad!

Looking forward to the wedding.
--------------------

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score

So this is what my imaginings for Miss Piggy's dress would be, just change the color to white and It's Miss Piggy's size with Miss Piggy wearing it herself... Yeah:big_grin: .

We Got Us

Reaction score
Oooh!! Gorgeous Figgie! I had something horrendous drawn on paints, but this is way prettier. If I can pick one like that, here is the kind of thing I like:

I love lacy dresses, especially on Piggy. I would add a red touch though, it being a Christmas wedding. And I guess I'll be starting another thread for my story by popular demand. Hope you like, Figgie!