1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Uncle Interloper Space Explorer

Discussion in 'Puppet News' started by ToasterBoy, Nov 29, 2012.

1. ToasterBoy Member

Hey all,

Just wanted to pass on word of my little web puppet experiment called Uncle Interloper Space Explorer. I discovered this new social media service called Tout - www.Tout.com - which is EXACTLY like Twitter except instead of 140 characters, you send out 15 second videos.

I love that 15 seconds and decided to see if I could write an produce a 'serial adventure' that told one long story in 15 second increments. Thus, Uncle Interloper Space Explorer was born. :)

The first adventure can be seen (uncut) here -

The second adventure started Monday and is currently running on Tout - http://www.tout.com/u/uncleinterloper - This adventure features Alison Mork (Chairry The Chair) as the Evil Queen.

Anyway, just a fun way to try and tell a story in a small amount of time. Hope you check it out and if you do, hope you enjoy it. :)
  2. Hahaha very funny! Love the villain! Really cool idea with using Tout. Please keep them coming!
    ToasterBoy likes this.
  3. FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Great job!! :)
    ToasterBoy likes this.
  4. ToasterBoy Member

Here's the complete second adventure. Again, the whole story was told in 15 second segments broadcast over 6 days. Here's the entire thing uncut with some deleted stuff and outtake reel.

5. ncchuck Active Member

I loved this ,thank you for sharing this
    ToasterBoy likes this.
  6. FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Great vid, ToasterBoy! Keep it up! :)
    ToasterBoy likes this.
  7. ncchuck Active Member

"My hat" I will SO be quoting this :) could I send a check or money order for the fanclub? and if so do you have any signed pictures of Uncle Interloper for sale ?
    ToasterBoy likes this.
  8. Mister Muppet Active Member

Nice vids really like them keep them up ;)
    ToasterBoy likes this.
  9. ToasterBoy Member

Thanks all for the kind words. Appreciate it and it inspires me to keep creating them!

ncchuck, messaging you back now.
  10. ToasterBoy Member

Not a Space Explorer episode, but here's Uncle Interloper's Christmas Eve Special where he tries to get an interview with Santa Claus.

11. FUN-TASTIC! Your show is great and enjoy the "winks" to classic Sci-Fi. What equipment & software do you use?
    ToasterBoy likes this.
  12. ToasterBoy Member

Thanks. I use Final Cut Pro X to edit (although the holiday one was done on FInal Cut Express because pro doesn't run on my laptop). I have a Canon HF20 camera - http://www.amazon.com/Canon-VIXIA-Memory-Internal-Optical/dp/B001OI2YTC - that I shoot everything on. The rest is just cardboard with some green-screening thrown in here and there. :)

Thanks again!
  13. CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

What program do you use for green screen? I've been trying to go down that route with my puppet series for a while now. :)
    ToasterBoy likes this.
  14. ToasterBoy Member

The Keyer in FInal Cut Pro X is really great. 99.9% of the time, no adjustment is needed after applying the filter.

I will say, however, I just shot some promos for Leslie Carrara-Rudolph's Lolly character on green screen and I'm having a little trouble because of a light blue on one of the puppets. But for the most part, the Keyer filter is amazing. You can look up tutorials on YouTube to see how well it works.
  15. CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Cool! Thanks for the advice! :)
    ToasterBoy likes this.
  16. Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

ToasterBoy, I have just become a big fan of Uncle Interloper! :D That flashlight bit in the second episode had me cracking up! He's a cutie, too, though I definitely don't want to offend a great space explorer by saying that too loudly ;)

Keep it up!! :excited:
    ToasterBoy likes this.
  17. ToasterBoy Member

Thanks so much. The original script, yes they are scripted, had it as a planet of giant noses and he'd pull out pepper, but eyes were MUCH easier to make on the cheap.

I'm working on more adventures with him, so stay tuned. :)

And U.I. would be flattered, not offended!
    Plaid Fraggle likes this.
  18. Plaid Fraggle Well-Known Member

Oh thank goodness :)
  19. ToasterBoy Member

Starting tomorrow, Uncle Interloper is getting his own biweekly video podcast. Info is at www.UncleInterloper.com

Here's the preview:

20. ToasterBoy Member

New episode today. This 'segment' is called Cartoon Doghouse. Watch along as Uncle Interloper checks out his new digs.