Uncle Grandpa

Drtooth

Reaction score
This cartoon has crossed the threshold of "what do you mean it wasn't made on drugs?" to "What do you mean I'm not on Drugs?" If ever there was a cartoon that made Sweet Cuppin' Cakes look rational and coherent by comparison, it has to be this.

I've never questioned reality this much after watching a cartoon series. I'm freaking loving it and I want to watch more till I go completely insane. The Happy kind.
Steven Universe looks really great and I'm really lookin' forward to it. Here's a portion of the pilot:

That animation is great.
That looks to be an amazing series. I'd say something else raving about it, but my mind is still processing Uncle Grandpa. Next time I watch that one, I think I'm going to have to take a nap or something.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
The first episode is free on iTunes if anyone's interested. As is an episode for this season's Regular Show

Drtooth

Reaction score
The second...well... fourth episode is even more insane.

They get chased by a giant real head. A goofy real human head. And it's there for the entire rest of that episode.

Good Morning indeed.

mr3urious

Reaction score
The second...well... fourth episode is even more insane.

They get chased by a giant real head. A goofy real human head. And it's there for the entire rest of that episode.

Good Morning indeed.
The lesson: If you keep making stupid faces like that, they won't just stay that way, but they'll follow you around for the rest of your life! :big_grin:

snichols1973

Reaction score
I've noticed that the regular humans in U.G. have a familiar look to them because
art director Bill Flores is also the location designer for Disney Channel's Gravity Falls.

Bill Flores - IMDb

Drtooth

Reaction score
The lesson: If you keep making stupid faces like that, they won't just stay that way, but they'll follow you around for the rest of your life! :big_grin:
I just wanna know, which one of the show's staff lost that bet to have their face all goofy all over the show? That thing ran the thin line between crazy funny and nightmare fuel.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Kaboom is publishing a new Uncle Grandpa comic book series...errrrr.... I don't know how that's going to work, but if it's anything like the cartoon pushing the boundaries of the medium, I'd LOVE to see how that would apply to comics. The real question is, will Giant Flying Realistic Tiger be a photo or will someone attempt to draw a tiger, realistically? Supposedly, there's a preview in Boom's free comic book day offering...

Also, they're planning an Amazing World of Gumball series. Now THAT one leads to some questions...

mr3urious

Reaction score
Is it wrong and hypocritical for me to like this show, yet hate another similarly random show called Breadwinners on Nickelodeon? Maybe it's because UG is a walk in the park compared to the ADHD feel of the latter, and it wasn't kneejerkingly greenlit from an Internet short that wasn't really all that popular compared to Fred or even Annoying Orange.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I saw the last 5 minutes of an episode of Breadwinners and didn't dislike it much. Seems like some weird combo of Spongebob and Regular Show... but Uncle Grandpa is an experience that's part underground cartoon/comix, genre deconstruction, and glorious insanity. Breadwinners doesn't quite share that world of reality destruction. I'll give it more of a shot, but I really think Sanjay and Craig is a better Nicktoon. There are few cartoons I'd say are even barely close to Uncle Grandpa (FLCL, maybe?)...

Anyway, FCBD? Anyone get the Ka-Boom free sampler? Had a short Pizza Steve comic in it, along with a longer Gumball and Steven Universe preview. It's hard to tell exactly what we're in for in terms of what to expect from a print version of UG, but they sure got Pizza Steve down right.

He seems to be the show's breakout character, anyway. My sister sometimes works as a substitute teacher, and she swears kids can't stop talking about him. And she hasn't even seen the show. When I told her about an episode of UG, she pretty much fell over when she found out that's where Pizza Steve came from.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
He seems to be the show's breakout character, anyway. My sister sometimes works as a substitute teacher, and she swears kids can't stop talking about him. And she hasn't even seen the show. When I told her about an episode of UG, she pretty much fell over when she found out that's where Pizza Steve came from.

I haven't been watching much of the show since it's debut, but Pizza Steve was my favorite part; his name, personality, voice - it all works perfectly.