Uncle Deadly as Palpatine, Bean Bunny as Wicket figures announced

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
OH MY GOSH!!!! YEEEEEEESSSS!!!!
Thank you Disney for producing Uncle Deadly, Gonzo, and the chicken as Star Wars characters. :excited:

I love how Gonzo reprised the role of Darth Vadar/Naider.
I can't wait for more Muppet characters to portray more Star Wars characters in the future.

(RIP Jerry Nelson for original voices of Uncle Deadly & Camilla)

Walter

Reaction score
I've waited so long for this to happen! This is great news.. If only the circumstances were happier. Thank you for sharing this j3h! I will be finding a way to het him ASAP!

j3h

Reaction score
It is very bitter sweet that the reveal of this upcoming action figure happened earlier in the day that Jerry passed. I don't think the actual figure will be available for sale till potentially Star Wars Weekends 2013 the earliest (assuming there will be SWWE next year).

Dearth

Reaction score
Have they announced any other *new* characters besides Deadly/Palpatine and Bean/Wicket?

Gonzo/Vader and the Camilla/Imperial lackey figure were already available from Disney just, what, last year? Why do I have to buy them again so soon?

I found a pic of the concept art for Bean, and he *also* comes with a repacked Camilla?

I have to say that Uncle Deadly as Palpatine is a much better fit of Muppet character to Star Wars character than the most recent offerings, with Scooter as Lando and Animal as Boba Fett.

But why are these newly announced figures packed with 'recycled' ones?

Surely they haven't run out of fertile mashup ideas already.

Alex

Reactions: j3h

rowlfy662

Reaction score
these look great deadly as the emperor looks awsome will buying for my collection and as a mark of respect fot the great Jerry Nelson. Also it looks at the moment their mostly based upon the orginal films and if so three words pepe as ackbar

j3h

Reaction score
I get what you are saying about repackaged figures already Dearth, but at least they are ones I personally wouldn't mind extras of (Gonzo to display with the alternate head and army building Chicken troopers)...I'm guessing this time around Gonzo is only coming with the exposed face head, which simulates Vader's unmasking at the end of Return of the Jedi (since this pair of sets are E6 themed

rowlfy662

Reaction score
i can't wait to buy the bean i'm happy with the chicken trooper the more the merrier i say i also hope the rest of the eletric mayhen as the other bounty hunters are in the future

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmm, I got some possible ideas to throw as well.

Sweetums as Jabba? He's the only massively supersized Star Wars character I can think of.
Pepe as Admiral Akbar is a good one, but I keep thinking of him more as Salacious Crum from when he goes to enforce Han's payment of his debt to Jabba.
Animal was made into Bobba Fett, the first Muppet Star Wars figure to deviate from the previously released 10-pin set. And while you could have the EM as other hunters like :flirt: as Assage Ventress and/or :big_grin: as Cab Bane... The overriding thought is to have them as the Cantina band with :sing: as Max Rebo, with Lips added to sub for Animal's absence and Rowlf too making it a full double 3-pack release. Sorry, but I just keep seeing the Mayhem in a mash-up scene where you open with the bit from Blue Harvest...
Okay, we'll take requests, what do you want to hear?
Play that same song again!
Okay, here we go.
And then it morphs into Floyd Rebo saying he's leaving like the sketch from the Kaye Ballard TMS episode.

j3h

Reaction score
Electric Mayhem as bounty hunters is a great idea! If it was planned ahead and done as a boxset, I probably would have made Animal as Bossk instead of as Boba Fett.
How I would match them up:
Floyd/Boba Fett
Animal/Bossk
Dr. Teeth/Dengar
Zoot/IG-88
Lips/4-Lom (modern naming, not vintage error)
Rowlf/Zuckuss (modern naming, not vintage error)
Janice/Aura Sing

(though I could switch Rowlf & Dr. teeth's characters, I was going with 4-Lom & Zuckuss as the "additional musicians")

galagr

Reaction score
I personally would find it awesome if they made Sweetums into the Rancor. But that's just my opinion. :grr: