UK TV: "The Ed Sullivan Show" on TCM (UK)

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
UK version TCM is going to start showing "The Ed Sullivan Show". I don't know if TCM is showing full length episodes or "best of" compilation shows, either way The Muppets will be on at some point after seeing this video:

Sir Terry Wogan will host a special episode of the legendary US variety show The Ed Sullivan Show for TCM UK.

The Radio 2 DJ will provide the commentary for the Very Best Of 90-minute tribute to the iconic American TV presenter.

Watch a preview of The Ed Sullivan Show on TCM below:
The Ed Sullivan Show originally aired between 1948 and 1971 and featured rock n roll stars, comics, dancers, actors and circus acts.

It famously featured performances from the Beatles, The Jackson 5, Barbara Streisand, The Doors, Buddy Holly, Stevie Wonder and Joan Rivers.

"I am delighted to be involved in The Ed Sullivan Show," said Wogan.

"This was the pre-eminent variety show of its time which hosted all of the greatest names in American showbusiness.

"This show introduced the very best musical, comedy and speciality acts of the day and when Ed Sullivan talked, America listened. Such legendary acts are timeless.

"I'm very much looking forward to seeing it all play out afresh on TCM for UK audiences!"

The Ed Sullivan Show launches on TCM UK on November 10 at 7pm.

source: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news...brings-back-the-ed-sullivan-show-for-tcm.html

FrackleFan2012

Reaction score
UK version TCM is going to start showing "The Ed Sullivan Show". I don't know if TCM is showing full length episodes or "best of" compilation shows, either way The Muppets will be on at some point after seeing this video:
That's nice. A great way for "The Ed Sullivan Show" to come back to UK television screens.