UK Release?

Beauregard

Reaction score
I read one rumour in a thread that seems to have disappeared since with no real response, so thought I'd bring this back up again.

Do we have any further news about the UK release of The Muppets yet?

I remember seeing something about it potentially being released on Valentine's Day 2012, about 3 months after the American release...which would totally break my heart (both A. having to wait that long and B. the realisation that I still have no one to come see it with me on V.Day).

I honestly don't think that I could remain spoiler free for as long as even a week after the movie is released...I'd have to avoid MC altogether to resist getting involved with discussions about the movie.

Any news or thoughts on this?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I dunno about Thanksgiving day movie releases in other countries, after all, it isn't and international holiday... but I think a 3 more month wait is unacceptable for the European fans. Christmas maybe... but in February? Not a very good move... As someone who will see this opening day before you will, I agree completely this is unfair. We should all be able to bask in the fuzzy warmth of a new Muppet movie all over the world as it's intended.

SeanC

Reaction score
Sadly, this might be true.
While many of the major studios such as Fox and WB release their movies pretty much the same time around the world, Disney have a nasty habit of making certain countries wait. In the case of the UK/Ireland, we usually get the movie around two or three months later. It happened with 'Princess & The Frog', the various Pixar movies and it's happening again with 'Tangled'. I expect it'll be the same situation with the upcoming Muppet movie. No idea why Disney do this, as all it does is encourage the sale of bootlegs.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
i hope this is not true although it might be because princess and the frog was released 3 months after the USA which i wasnt bothered by but if i have to wait till february i will be:mad::grouchy::frown: