UK: Muppets star in new Cravendale milk campaign

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
First there was Orange Show and now this.....
The Muppets to star in new Cravendale campaign

Cravendale has struck up a partnership with Disney UK to feature the Muppets in its new ad campaign.

Kermit the Frog and friends will be appearing in the milk brand's new TV ad from 6 February.

It will run for five weeks on TV screens and will also run in cinemas for two weeks from 10 February to coincide with the release of The Muppets movie.

The ad, voiced by the actor Tim Curry, has been created by Wieden and Kennedy and filmed on a closed set in LA.

As part of the tie-up, Cravendale will also run an on-pack promotion offering consumers a Kermit the Frog backpack if they collect 20 voucher codes.

There will be further "dedicated online activity" on Cravendale's Milk Matters website.

Sam Dolan, senior brand manager at Cravendale, said: “When we first discussed getting involved with “The Muppets” movie release we instantly saw the parallels. Both brands are centred on chaotic energy that spans generations and translates into real affection.”

“This link up is a first for us on so many levels. It’s actually our first ever brand link up, our first on pack promotion supported by TV advertising and last but not least, the first time I've ordered 250,000 Kermit the Frog backpacks! You won't be able to miss Disney’s “The Muppets” next year and it’s going to be brilliant to be a part of it.”

Cravendale has set up the promotion with Carat, JJP and Disneymedia
source: http://www.thedrum.co.uk/news/2012/01/11/muppets-star-new-cravendale-campaign

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Great find Danny, I need to start drinking cravendale!!

Look forward to seeing the tv ads!

Chris

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
I love Muppet TV ads.
I'm a vegan, so I guess I'll have to give 20 bottles of Cravendale milk to someone!

Beauregard

Reaction score
I love Muppet TV ads.
I'm a vegan, so I guess I'll have to give 20 bottles of Cravendale milk to someone!
Haha! You can feed milk to small pumpkin plants and you'll get nicer pumpkins...but even they may find 20 a little extreme!

Drtooth

Reaction score
anyone heard any news any videos?
From the press release, they're not supposed to start until February, closer to the movie's release in the UK. We'll see them soon, they just haven't premiered yet.