Typewriter Guy

HootsytheOwl

Reaction score
Hello everybodeee!:super:

I was sitting around watching clips of Typewriter Guy the other night, and thought of a really fun idea. Wouldn't it be neat to have a radio-controlled Typewriter Guy? You could make him race around, push a button to make him "type", and push another one to hear him go " Noo nee noo nee noo nee nooo...." hehe! That would be pretty durn cool I think. :cool:

your dear friend,
Kitt

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It probably could be done with the right people working on it and working it on camera.

dwmckim

Reaction score
And what would be especially cool would be if it took dictation

Son of Enik

Reaction score
This has got to be one of the greatest ideas I have ever heard of! I'd love to see it happen.

HootsytheOwl

Reaction score
Right on... I know I'd buy one. I'm thinking about making a Lego "skin" to go over top of my little VW microbus radio controlled car to see if I can make one just for fun.

PurpleHonker

Reaction score
That would be AWESOME! I must have one! :big_grin:

I know someone who doesn't know who Typewriter Guy is. How can that be? I am forever baffled by a complete lack of general knowledge :sympathy:

HootsytheOwl

Reaction score
Typewriter Test

Hello everybodee!:super:

Well, I tried to make one, and it worked in some fashion. You could make it go forward or backward, but turning it was pretty hard. I brought it downstairs and showed mom and when I made it go forward she said " Noony noony noony noo.........." LOL Was so cute. ( I have a very cool mom:wink:) Too bad that person you spoke of didn't even know Mr. Typewriter Guy, Purplehonker....bummer!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You think someone not knowing Typewriter Guy is bad? That's nothing. Seriously.

Here's an even worse one - my best friend (IRL) had absolutely no idea who Jim Henson was when I brought him up in conversation once.

ISNorden

Reaction score
That would be AWESOME! I must have one! :big_grin:

I know someone who doesn't know who Typewriter Guy is. How can that be? I am forever baffled by a complete lack of general knowledge :sympathy:
Typewriter Guy isn't as major a character as Bert and Ernie, so he'd be known mostly to other Sesame fans who grew up with the old cartoons. Chances are good that your friend didn't grow up in the 70s/early 80s, rarely watched Sesame Street, or both.