Two questions for you Sesame fans...

Mokeystar

Reaction score
Last night, my friend and I were in a heavy duty discussion over the "Baker" clips....y'know, the "Let's sing a song of" clips. Anyhoo, he remembers what the baker was carrying in all the clips except for what he had in the clip for number nine. I say he had "NINE STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKES!", but my friend isn't so sure. Can someone lay their knowledge down on us and tell us what calorie-laden things the baker was carrying in this segment?

Also.....I have another question with regards to the famous ABC clip from the early days of the show, where different letters of the alphabet were found around New York City. In the clip, this groovy little Raposo tune played, and each time a letter was shown, the camera would zoom in on it and a child would say the letter. You know what I'm talking about.....:smile:

Well, a few years ago, I saw a "remake" clip on Sesame that was almost identical to this one, except it had a different soundtrack and was filmed in a different city using different signs and sights. The concept was the same though, which was a camera zooming in on letters around the city. I would say it was filmed in the nineties. I only saw it once, so that's all I remember other than I recognized the city they filmed it in because I live there. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

zanimum

Reaction score
He lives in Seattle, Washington... it says right by his name...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi MokeyStar, and welcome to the fun that is the Muppet Central forums!
Concerning your two questions.
1 The strawberry shortcakes are the dessert the baker spills in the Song of 6. Haven't seen all ten Falling Baker clips myself since they're from before my time, but there's a thread here in the SS section of the forums where Mikealan has a list of all ten desserts.
Me thinks that it's nine coconut cream pies for the Song of 9, but I'm not 100% sure.
2 As for the city alphabet sequence, I remember the original one from my youth when I had better sight. But since my sight's decreased to the point it is now and I'm not sure I ever watched this second version you speak of, I can't help you there.
Hope this helps and have a good day and a good time here in the forums.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
falling pies and such

Hey Mokeystar and everyone else. Anybody who can help fill in the gap and satisfy my curiosity would be most obliged.

Here are what the baker drops at the end of the clips:

1. Wedding cake (yes, they DID make a clip for the number 1, but only shown maybe once every decade)

2. Chocolate cream pies

3. Birthday cakes

4. Root beer floats

5. Fancy fruitcakes

6. Strawberry shortcakes? Maybe? :

7. Pumpkin pies

8. Raspberry pudding desserts

9. (HELP!)

10. Chocolate layer cakes

Fill in the blank and win some beachfront property in Kansas. Good luck!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
These sketches were from before my time, but fellow forum member Mikealan compiled a list of all ten and posted them in a thread here.
The ones you're missing Fuzzygobo are 7 pumpkin pies and 9 coconut cream pies.
BTW: It was indeed, at least going by Mikealan's list, 6 strawberry shortcakes and 8 raspberry pudding cakes.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

Mokeystar

Reaction score
Ahhhhhhhhh......thanks you guys! You all rock my world.
Fuzzygobo and I can rest now. :smile:

And, thanks for your warm personal welcome to Muppet Central, "The Count"! It's so good to be here. :smile:

Splurge

Reaction score
That city alphabet film, in its original 70's form, does appear on the 1986 VHS "Learning About Letters". It's about the mid-point, where Big Bird is showing a baby honker that letters can be found almost anywhere.

That same VHS is due to come out on DVD soon.