Two Muppet Calendars for 2003?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Amazon has two different Muppet 2003 calendars currently listed...

(1) Here's the first one, it has the new Muppets logo with the Babewatch parody on the front. Likely most of the parodies are repeats from previous years.

(2) Here's the next one, it has the exact same cover as last year's 2002 calendar with a 2003 date change. It's likely the same thing inside as 2002 though.

Luke

Reaction score
I'd heard about this, and it's strange. Maybe the replica cover from last year was just an early sales mock up, or they started printing, and then Henson told them to change it. On the other hand, Austin Powers is obviously very popular right now so maybe they had the thought to just reprint that cover.

Eitherway, that company in the UK that makes them is very low budget and doesn't have great distribution either. It'd suprise me if they actually release two calendars, but it doesn't surprise me that they're just reprinting old photos.

Gonzo

Reaction score
MAN I wish they'd put out some new parodies--very VERY funny stuff, but not when you've seen the same ones for three years in a row....did the entire Art Department at Henson get laid off or something? Mail us those full-body armature puppets they're using (or NOT using...), and we could work some stuff up...

Quinnnnn

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah some nice high quality shots from episodes of the Muppet Show might have been a good move for the calendars around the 25th anniversary year. It would have made a change, and they still wouldn't have gone to the costs of getting new photos done.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>MAN I wish they'd put out some new parodies--very VERY funny stuff, but not when you've seen the same ones for three years in a row<<<

My thoughts exactly, they did so good in the late 90's and then once 2000 hit nothing but retread.

Makes you kinda wish theyd use some of my Muppet movie parodies/ideas Ive done for a 2003 calendar!(The Meeptrix, Felt Club, Being Sal Manilla, A Beautiful Swine, etc)

Man, if only I had a good photoshop program and the funds to
print up calendars for people! Remember Jamie's amazing Igel Pepe? I wish we could see something new from that graphic genius, as I could just imagine what he could come up with!

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Yeah, some new stuff would be great, but I really like Statler and Waldorf in the Grumpy Old Men parody! LOL :big_grin:

- Billy :cool:

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
This is the first time I saw that 'Kerminator' one.

Ernie101

Reaction score
Cool i may stop by and get them ....wait ? what am i doing saying may? I will!

electricmayhem

Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of calendars-I have 8 in my room right now-but I have never had a Muppet one because I can never find them. So these will be sorta new for me, i'm sure i've seen the images around before, but you're right, they should make new ideas. I'd love to see a Muppet Show calendar, that would be great!!