Two more casting confirmations for Wiz of Oz

Beauregard

Reaction score
janicegroupie said:
Thanks fo the info. Now that I know who they are I think I can definitly see Tambor as the wizard. He'll probably do a good job.
But Singer was terrable. He was the most rubbish Muppet baddie EVER and that includes Doc Hopper...

CarburetorJane

Reaction score
Doc Hopper was great!

Anyways, Tambor was in "Three's Company"? Shiny.

Frank Oz or Brian Henson would have made super-cool Wizards. Perhaps Frank especially, for the irony of his last name....

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I have wanted to see Frank Oz play the Wizard from the beginning. Too bad it won't happen.
============================
Tambor & Grier to the Wizard of Oz
Source: The Hollywood Reporter September 17, 2004

Jeffrey Tambor and David Alan Grier have joined the cast of ABC's original movie, The Muppets' Wizard of Oz.

Tambor will play the Wizard in the project, which centers on aspiring performer Dorothy Gale (Ashanti), who works at the diner of her Auntie Em (Queen Latifah) and Uncle Henry (Grier) in a small Kansas town until a tornado sweeps up her trailer.

The Muppet stars, including Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy, are portraying the creatures Dorothy encounters in Oz.
===========================

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Ahem.He was on Three's Company too. His listing:

"Dr. Phillip Greene" in episode: "Jack Goes to the Dentist" (episode # 7.2) 12 October 1982 "Dr. Tom Miller" in episode: "Two Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" (episode # 6.7) 17 November 1981 "Winston Cromwell III" in episode: "Father of the Bride" (episode # 5.13) 10 February 1981.Yes,he was on the Ropers too.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
He also tried for the part of Arthur Fonzerelli on Happy Days... :wink:

McFraggle

Reaction score
JaniceFerSure said:
Ahem.He was on Three's Company too. His listing:

"Dr. Phillip Greene" in episode: "Jack Goes to the Dentist" (episode # 7.2) 12 October 1982 "Dr. Tom Miller" in episode: "Two Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" (episode # 6.7) 17 November 1981 "Winston Cromwell III" in episode: "Father of the Bride" (episode # 5.13) 10 February 1981.Yes,he was on the Ropers too.
Hey Now! :crazy:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I have wanted to see Frank Oz play the Wizard from the beginning. Too bad it won't happen.
============================
Tambor & Grier to the Wizard of Oz
Source: The Hollywood Reporter September 17, 2004

Jeffrey Tambor and David Alan Grier have joined the cast of ABC's original movie, The Muppets' Wizard of Oz.

Tambor will play the Wizard in the project, which centers on aspiring performer Dorothy Gale (Ashanti), who works at the diner of her Auntie Em (Queen Latifah) and Uncle Henry (Grier) in a small Kansas town until a tornado sweeps up her trailer.

The Muppet stars, including Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy, are portraying the creatures Dorothy encounters in Oz.
===========================
From the way that is written it sounds like, 'and, oh yes, the muppets will be in this tiny bit part cameo os creatures...'

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Yeah, you're right. The Muppets should get a MUCH better write-up!!